LegacyGT.com

tune NA 3.0 2007, or supercharge it?

How much could you get from just tuning and replace parts on a 3.0 2007 automatic? A performance builder I know offered his services to install a supercharger, is that a better idea? or both?

I have a budget of appox. $ 8K

Alicafster//Sweden

You cant tune a NA Subaru.

For 8k your best bet is to buy an STI long block and ECU and put it in :) <- Im not joking.

You can tune a 3.0R, but you somehow need to come up with an extra 2 channels to control the AVLS. I think they've use Hydra in the past...

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

If you have 8k I'd get a Turbo kit and have an H6 Turbo.....Once you have a turbo inplace the mods are easy to achieve greater power as compared to N/A

First of all, I think the N/A with A/T is missing some torque in the low revs. This problem speaks for the SC system, right? Then I have heard that the SC conversion is easier than turbo conversion and less expensive.

Ok....

so here is your plan to get another 60+hp

Make your budget 8k & go with a turbo & FMIC. Supercharging has it's pluses but once over 5k it's all but done with.

You should send a E-Mail to Trey or Christian @ COBB & see what they say

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Ok....

so here is your plan to get another 60+hp

Make your budget 8k & go with a turbo & FMIC. Supercharging has it's pluses but once over 5k it's all but done with.

You should send a E-Mail to Trey or Christian @ COBB & see what they say

Ok... the thing is that Cobb did choose a supercharger to their own 3.0 experiment on a Tribeca. What are the + regarding to turbo on this modell?

My .02 cents:

-Twin turbochargers (small GT25's would be ideal) @ 7-8psis

OR

-Single GT2876 or GT 30

PLUS:

-CP Forged pistons (with 9.0:1 compression)

-Forged rods (your choice)

-Modded stock injectors to 600cc + (by RC Engineering)

-Walbro fuel pump

-FMIC

-Engine management (HYDRA if available)

Hello Alicafster, hope all is well for you and yours in Sweden. Now I'm no expert but I see you've been given some sound advice to consider......IMHO You've already got (considering the 3.0L displacement) a fairly powerful vehicle for your neck of the woods and looks like whatever route you go you're gonna have one helluva rocket sled for the upcoming winter!!!!!! Enjoy it and keep us posted on the developments will ya......PS: PLEASE SEND ME A BIG WIFF OF COLD AIR......

Well thanks Bencob. I agree that the 3.0 is pretty powerful SW. However this is a intresting project, and sure... I could buy a BMW M3 änd call it the day, but I am a entrepreneur with my own business and in Sweden its pretty stupid having a "luxury" car like a Beemer, Mercedes or any other bling bling car for "show off". You can be "too successfull" here in Sweden which scares the customers away, I dont no but I think it has to do with our socialitic heritage or just plain envy. But a japaneese Wagon made for practical use is concidered OK (that it has +350 HP and whipps a Saab Aero or a Volvo S80 V8 could be our little secret ;-)

Archived