LegacyGT.com

Momo Race Air Leather

sduford

I just installed a Momo Race Air Leather shift knob in my OBXT. I'm very happy with it. It feels great in the hand, better then the stock knob or the ones made of metal. The leather on it is a perfect match for the leather on the stock Momo steering wheel, it looks cool, and it ended up shortening the stick by about one inch. Recommended! [img]http://www.duford.com/momoraceair.jpg[/img]

Guest *Jedimaster*
Looks good and exactly like mine. I have the older version Air Race Leather as well. Only differerence on mine is a have a spacer that makes the shifter sit about 3 inches higher.

I opted the Momo Air Lether one from Subaru (the OEM Momo one). It's just that the OEM isn't leather on the lower half. I use to have a Momo CF Silver Shot ($120 when I bought it for the WRX).. the Shot was very heavy, making the shifting on my short shifter pretty easy. I like significantly weighted shift knobs. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='tsyGT']The knob looks kinda big, and a little rice. Maybe it looks better in person? I prefer the more sophisticated euro look myself. :) tom[/QUOTE] I think the size is perfect. Remember, it's not designed to be looked at, it's designed to be used, and it feels perfect in the hand.

[quote name='axis008']I have a question. I know on the scoobymods.com, they have a tutorial where the shift boot is held up with a piece of something that looks like foam and a ziptie or something like that. How are you keeping your boot up?[/QUOTE][font=Times New Roman]I don’t have the Momo knob (Perrin) but the boot holds its self up. This might happen just because it is so new and stiff. My plan is to get a washer and place it under the knob then slide the boot over that. [/font] [font=Times New Roman][/font] [font='Times New Roman']EDIT: Why are the posts showing up out of order :confused: [/font]

Guest *Jedimaster*
Something I came up with for my WRX was free and easy: Take a plastic soda bottle top and carve an X shaped slit in it- slide it over the shifter, under the boot, obviously, and it'll hold things up forever and won't come apart like rubber bands or a zip tie.

I have a question. I know on the scoobymods.com, they have a tutorial where the shift boot is held up with a piece of something that looks like foam and a ziptie or something like that. How are you keeping your boot up?
-ben

The posts are out of order because the site got hacked and I posted before Tide could change the system time back to normal. If you guys like the Momo Race Air Leather, my roommate is actually selling his. It's not the full leather version, it's half leather, half aluminum, like powbmps posted. He's selling it for $50 OBO w/o shipping. He's NEVER used it. He has an RSX and the shift boot won't hold up unless you hold it up with something and he doesn't want to deal with the hassles.
-ben

[quote name='axis008']The posts are out of order because the site got hacked and I posted before Tide could change the system time back to normal. If you guys like the Momo Race Air Leather, my roommate is actually selling his. It's not the full leather version, it's half leather, half aluminum, like powbmps posted. He's selling it for $50 OBO w/o shipping. He's NEVER used it. He has an RSX and the shift boot won't hold up unless you hold it up with something and he doesn't want to deal with the hassles.[/QUOTE] I will give him $40.

[quote name='sduford']Actually, I think it looks more like a giant lollipop. At least it doesn't look like the OEM d?ck.[/QUOTE] Go look at a 996 911, you'd hate it! :lol: If it's not 'super-sized' like I've seen on some riced cars then I could see it being pretty nice. I'll have to go and check one out. tom

tom :)

Archived