LegacyGT.com

Momo Race Air Leather

sduford

powbmps - Your knob is really low, do you have a short shifter installed? or is that difference between the two momo knobs? I'd like to get another kartboy for my LGT like I had on my WRX. I wish it would bend back a little towards the driver so it was less of a reach though. Does having the knob lower make it more or less comfortable?

JGR, I am using a Kartboy prototype (a bit shorter than what is being sold) with the stock shifter assembly. Whatever shifter is used, I would say that the Momo knob sits about 1" lower than the stock knob. Both of the Momo's in this thread are the same height, just different materials on the bottom half. Chris S.

[quote name='JGR']I wish it would bend back a little towards the driver so it was less of a reach though. Does having the knob lower make it more or less comfortable?[/QUOTE] Actually, a good design for a shift knob placement is as close as you can get to your shifting hand to the steering wheel, it is the better performance driving techniques and practice to have. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='Xenonk']Actually, a good design for a shift knob placement is as close as you can get to your shifting hand to the steering wheel, it is the better performance driving techniques and practice to have. Keefe[/QUOTE] I guess that's why some rally cars have the shifter up on the center console. I drove the Civic Si which has the shifter up there- kinda weird to look at but surprisingly comfortable. tom

tom :)

• 8 months later...

I just got the Momo Race Airleather/Carbon knob. I like it. It's a tad bigger than I would have liked, but it's a heckuva lot better than the stock shifter (I can't stand pistol-grip type of shifters).

I know I had a lot of questions in terms of the size of the Momo knobs, so here's a few pics. The first one is the carbon knob side-by-side with the stock shifter.

momo_carbon1.jpg.810c75a3e49c6322d5d78ccda4ef56b3.jpg

momo_carbon2.jpg.f05ecb8707cf7cb1269e8aab479c6f88.jpg

momo_carbon3.jpg.fae8367afa4ba08e0f7a2e593d73a969.jpg

momo_carbon4.jpg.f433d0c0807ab681e11e32a20ba649ec.jpg

momo_carbon5.jpg.be06ca24476b84c7f0524a5cde6b39b1.jpg

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Archived