LegacyGT.com

What is this?

05LegacyLIMITED

hey guys, i sold my AP which means I unmarried it of course, and while driving it home lastnight the check engine light came on and the cruise control light is blinking.....

All that is on my car is a high flow air filter, cobb dp, light weight pulley......

what is going to happen since i no longer have any engine tuning.....

I got rid of the AP because i thought i was going to have no choice but to get rid of the legacy. so i was in the process of reverting the whole car back to stock. Then everything turned around for me, but I already cashed a check for the AP.....the rest of the stuff is staying on!

so your saying nothing will get hurt by running the car the way it is currently?

Look in the tuning portion of the forum. Mickey just helped out Big Honu in setting up his stage 1 map. That would be a safe base map for you to start from. You'll need to get a tactrix cable and follow these steps.

1.Use ECUflash to pull the Rom off your ECU. This will tell you which ECU code to use.

2. Use enginuity to modify the map or if you have the same ECU code as big Honu then you can simply load his map to your ECU through ECUflash. Here are Stock ROM's if you know your ECU code off hand you can start transferring Big Honu's values over. You'll need to register for this link to work. Rom files are listed as .hex http://www.xpttuning.com/osecuroms/viewforum.php?f=22

Also, make sure that all the diagnostic codes that cobb normally shuts off are checked off.

3. Once you get the map setup how you want it then you can save it to a new name so you still have your original ROM unmolested if you need to go back to it. Then use ECU flash to flash it to your ROM.

I think ECU Flash is bundled with Enginuity when you D/L it. Not 100% though, I'd start with downloading Enginuity and see. Before you start flashing maps and reading your ROM make sure to read through all the FAQ's on enginuity's site. If you don't know what a function does, don't change it. Research it and fully understand it before messing with it. Thats how people get into trouble. A stage 2 map is fairly straight forward though. Once you get into CAI and injector changes then it gets a little more involved.

These are the CE codes that normally get shut off on a COBB map.

P0137 - Rear O2 Sensor Low Voltage

P0138 - Rear O2 Sensor High Voltage

P0139 - Rear O2 Sensor Slow Response

P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

P0545 - EGT Sensor Circuit Low

P0546 - EGT Sensor Circuit High

P1301 - Misfire Detected (High Temp Exhaust Gas)

P1312 - EGT Sensor Malfunction

P2096 - Post Catalyst Too Lean

P2097 - Post Catalyst Too Rich

• 5 months later...

Archived