LegacyGT.com

Options list with prices

I'm wondering if it's the same corporate STi short shifter that I presently have in my WRX. By itself, the short shifter is a nice mod. With Cusco bushings and the Gp. N transmission mounts, it's a really nice mod. I just don't think it will fit my purposes as regards the Legacy. It just won't be that kind of car for me. As far as the function, throws are about 30% shorter. You don't notice really until you row a non-shorty WRX. Effort is good, as is lever height. Kevin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not talking about being that agressive Kevin, I just think Gandolf shoud keep his staff and I like a bit more definition with shifts than the rubbery bushings it comes with normally. I have a GroupN tranny mount sitting in my toolbox, but I'm not installing it in that car.

Guess I should sit in mine and one of our other Subarus to compare. :P I don't think there's a significant difference, but I can always try to check. I know my Cobb shifter was significantly shorter and Mick's shifter in his MY00 Impreza L I got a shot to drive last weekend for a little bit really was a LOT shorter. I wasn't quite so impressed with the ultra-shortness, but I think what I had with the Cobb shifter was really nice, tall enough to keep my arm parallel to the axis of the car, but with nicely shorter throws. It's nice. Hmm, maybe I'll need some new bushings and go that route again. :)

Kevin, I know that. Shifting too much faster with these tranny isn't a good thing anyways, have to let the synchros do their job to an extent. It just makes it more comfortable and feel better.

[quote name='SUBE555']Kevin, I know that. Shifting too much faster with these tranny isn't a good thing anyways, have to let the synchros do their job to an extent. It just makes it more comfortable and feel better.[/quote] This is true, annoying and unfortunate but true. I feel like I am babying my tranny when I drive.

[quote name='SUBE555']I'm not talking about being that agressive Kevin, I just think Gandolf shoud keep his staff[/quote] I would urge caution in letting misguided bon mots from NASIOC corrupt this space. I sat in a Legacy and rowed the shifter. It felt fine to me, and a bit shorter than the stock WRX's throw. Lever height was fine, as well. People over there are into slagging things they have no information on or experience with. We are and should be above that. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='SUBE555']I'm not talking about being that agressive Kevin, I just think Gandolf shoud keep his staff[/quote] I would urge caution in letting misguided bon mots from NASIOC corrupt this space. I sat in a Legacy and rowed the shifter. It felt fine to me, and a bit shorter than the stock WRX's throw. Lever height was fine, as well. People over there are into slagging things they have no information on or experience with. We are and should be above that. Kevin[/quote] Kevin, I was just trying to make a funny. I like a bit shorter height shift lever (though I think mine was still adjusted higher than the Kartboy unit) for comfort mostly. It might be fine up there, it's just not my preference. Okay! Chill out man. :roll:

I'm quite chilled, Sube. Always am. But I am also quite conscious of the differences between NASIOC and here. Hopefully those differences won't dwindle away into similarities as the membership increases. Kevin

Well, I'll probably bag the idea of the shift kit... it can always be retrofitted later if it's *that* bad. (which it probably isn't) Was there a trailer hitch option? I see it can tow 2700, but I didn't see the factory hitch option (like the WRX)... did anyone else?

[quote name='racerdave']Well, I'll probably bag the idea of the shift kit... it can always be retrofitted later if it's *that* bad. (which it probably isn't) Was there a trailer hitch option? I see it can tow 2700, but I didn't see the factory hitch option (like the WRX)... did anyone else?[/quote] Nope didn't see it, but all I care is that the car can haul ass. :D

Here's what it says on the Cars101 web page. [i]not available or factory/port installed: Trailer Hitch Tire pressure monitoring[/i] Does that mean it's going to be a dealer installed option? I'm not sure because the options listed are factory/port installed options. It would be kind of cool to be able to tow the snowmobiles up north with the Legacy. :)

I'd like to have the hitch for the bike rack attachment. I personally don't want to be throwing a muddy Mtn bike up top a $30k vehicle. EDIT: Found what looks to be an impressive hitch mounted bike rack. The folks on MTB review gave it high marks as well. [url]http://www.1upusa.com/1upusarackhome.htm[/url]

[quote name='Sub-attraction']I'd like to have the hitch for the bike rack attachment. I personally don't want to be throwing a muddy Mtn bike up top a $30k vehicle.[/quote] How about throwing it in the back? The extra space is a definate advantage of the wagon over the sedan.

I'm not sure I'd want to throw a muddy one inside or on top either. Hmm, the hitch idea is interesting and will have to be looked into further. I know there have been some decent bike racks out there.

I am beginning to winder whether or not the Legacy GT will have the dual zone climate control or not. I am extremely pleased that the standard GT has heated seats and a 6-disc changer, but in my opnion, the dual zone climate would be a huge bonus. It seems to make sense, on cars101.com, the dual zone is standard on the 2.5 LTD, and the 2.5 GT LTD, but on the options break down, it doesnt show dual zone climate as an added option from the GT to the GT LTD. So will the base GT have the dual zone climate? I have convinced myself that the power seats, leather and sunroof arent worth the extra $2700, but if they threw dual zone climate in there, it might be the straw that broke the camels back.

Legacy GT does have dual zone climate control in both models. Subaru news site has a specs at a glance pdf that specifies this. [url=http://vocuspr.vocus.com/VocusPR30/Temp/{b273efcf-c330-43fd-b383-c5bdb29fb067}/Legacy%202005%20At%20A%20Glance.pdf]Legacy GT Specs at a glance[/url]

[quote name='ha-evolution']Legacy GT does have dual zone climate control in both models. Subaru news site has a specs at a glance pdf that specifies this. [url=http://vocuspr.vocus.com/VocusPR30/Temp/{b273efcf-c330-43fd-b383-c5bdb29fb067}/Legacy%202005%20At%20A%20Glance.pdf]Legacy GT Specs at a glance[/url][/quote] Awesome, thanks for the help. :D

I'm curious about the momo knob too. But I think in the end, I'll go with the stock knob and find another momo knob with matching pedals. I've also been thinking about what xenon options will be available. If none from SOA, will a simple D2S and ballast upgrade work on the stock projectors? Or will the projector lens have to change too if I want bi-xenons? I know if I upgrade it myself, I won't go with JDM parts, get some parts from HIDTech so the cutoffs are correct. Bryan

Reports are that the JDM Xenons are less-than-impressive. Further, we don't know how good the stock halogens are yet. In light of the illegality of aftermarket HID systems, that's not a mod I would be making. If you need that much light, swap the fogs for some Hella driving lights that come on with the brights, and dark roads get turned into day. :lol: Good projector halogen systems reduce the longing for HIDs to a craving for fashion, IMHO. And that's fine, just as long as we understand what it is. Kevin

Archived