LegacyGT.com

Interior Carpet Wearing Out?

My car is relatively new (purchased in April) and I've noticed around the dead petal area that the carpet is starting to wear thin. I've also noticed random 'fuzz balls' of carpet material in the trunk and foot wells.

I'm not expecting BMW quality here but it just seems a bit odd that the carpet would wear out that quickly. I barely have 4k on the clock. Anyone else have this problem?

i blamed my all weather floormats on this....

the little tines it has on it, that make it grab hold of the carpet, seem to be less sharp as opposed to the ones on the carpeted mat. it may cause the mat to move more and the grippy rubber used may pull out more carpet fibers....

thats just an assumption, though

anyways, it happened to mine. it tore out several patches of carpet fuzz. when i installed the carpeted mats, the patches of missing carpet fiber caused the mat to move more and break off most of its little tines. i was so pissed

so i went to the dealer. they agreed to replace the carpeting under warranty but i am going to have to eat the mats.

anyways, try to get it replaced under warranty.

my 05 reached 20k miles with the carpeted mat on the whole time, and looked pristine. my 07 i have had for 7 months and 6k miles and it has the aforementioned problem FWIW.

I had my interior carpet replaced the week the warranty ran out, dealer was aware of the issue, did not even see the car, ordered the replacement based on my phone call.

Dropped it off two weeks later and had the carpet installed.

I have a strip of 3M headlight adhesive approx 4 inches high and the length of the dead pedal sitting on the carpet for the last 12 months, looks semi okay but certainly wont cost me new carpet in another few years.

Tim

Archived