LegacyGT.com

September Meet

B4SubieGT

he's a great guy, I met him after I picked up the car when they replaced the turbo.

I would love to have a meet/drive like we talked about a few months ago.

anyone up to doing some bel air burgers and a drive around lake lavon?

open to other ideas as well

:lol: I have seen the videos and trust me no one wants to see that. Having the baby in a parkinglot would be a hard sale to the wife.

Baby shower! Anyone got any Subaru baby swag?

Aside from that, end of Sept would be better for me. It would be nice to get in a bit of driving, so a location with a bit of twisty roads leading to/from would be fun. Mr. Ed, you had some good roads near you... any good locations for a meet?

bit far to drive for a meet for us dallas guys

I suppose this Sunday is out of the question?

Sun, Sep 2 Houston Region SCCA - (AX)

Houston Regional Solo Event #9 http://www.dlbracing.com/images/reg_text.gifhttp://www.dlbracing.com/images/flag_text.gifhttp://www.dlbracing.com/images/home_text.gif

Gulf Greyhound Park

I would drive to El Paso, or Houston, for a Subie get-together if there were some speedy and efficient backroads between here and the destination. Interstate driving = :icon_neut(that movie "Cars" had it SO right)

Our newest Subie driver is in-this-world now - born August 20 - so I can make a September meet quite comfortably, although likely solo.

The later in the month, the better for me as well.

I would drive to El Paso, or Houston, for a Subie get-together if there were some speedy and efficient backroads between here and the destination. Interstate driving = :icon_neut(that movie "Cars" had it SO right)

Our newest Subie driver is in-this-world now - born August 20 - so I can make a September meet quite comfortably, although likely solo.

The later in the month, the better for me as well.

Congratualations, hopefully mother and baby are doing well. We are only a week away, hey this is one way to grow our club attendance, from the inside.:lol:

it cracks me up...oktoberfest in september.......

congrats on the baby zoombaru...3 days after my bday!

and as for meets out here...we can do my house, bel air burgers...or there are a few bbq spots that look good out towards murphy.

we could even meet at one of the lake parks

there is autocross the weekend of the 22nd, and I have my family reunion the last weekend of the month.

i may also be tied up with a funeral one weekend. my aunt isn't doing well at all.

Addison's Oktoberfest pales in comparison to those I went to in MN and WI :(

If it's a weekend I should still be available.

Sometimes the grass is greener from what you're used to. Usually the other way around. Addison is a very young town that has boomed over the years and even though a lot of the things feel like mom and pop operations, I still have fun there. :)

they are all crap compared to oktober fest in germany
:lol:

So do we have a hard and fast date and location. If we do not make a hard date soon this will wither and die, as the meets sometimes have a tendancy to do. I will leave it to the OP to decide on the date, time, and place.

Haha, thanks for organizing a meet just to introduce me... Funny thing is I almost missed this thread!

I'll put it on my calendar for this coming Sunday.

ED, I'll bring the fog light tint for ya!

EDIT: how's the lighting in the parking lot of BJ's? I'll probably attempt to take some pictures.

EDIT2: Is there any possibility that one of you has a COBB 3" down pipe with cat-back exhaust (and AP 2.0)? I really want to hear what it sounds like, I was planning on getting it this winter but I prefer to keep my car as "refined" sounding as possible.

EDIT: how's the lighting in the parking lot of BJ's? I'll probably attempt to take some pictures.

Looking forward to meeting you. Lighting isn't too bad. Typical strip mall parking lot. Usually lots of lighting and open parking space to the north of BJ's.

Archived