LegacyGT.com

Oil leak at 11k miles..

I noticed oil spots on the driveway..and I thought that it came from one of our older cars..

One day i pull out and see the drip on the drive way. I was like WHAT?~?!?~

I didnt get to check under the car.. but at 11k miles?

I opened the hood and saw some oil drip spots coming out from oil stick.

I think this started happening after my recent oil change at wal-mart with mobile 1 synthetic.

I dont smell any oil burning either.

Any thoughts on this? I dont have the time to get the car into the dealers to check it out..not until next month.

Maybe they damaged or didn't replace the crush washer and it is leaking out of the oil pan drain plug. Maybe its not on tight enough. You'd really have to get under the car and see where its coming from.

It could be a million things, but from a newer car, I'd say its the drain plug.

Crawl under to see if it's dripping from the pan, drain plug or filter. Shouldn't be dripping from the dip-stick.

I would stay away from using Walmart or any of those quick lube places. You've got a great chance of them f__ing it up.

- The Mortgage Man

Most probably they either didn't put the washer back or put it on backwards.

In either case it'll leak.

Take it back to them and make them remedy the problem. You may have to supply the washer tho, it's not a general mdse item anywhere.

O.

well i would do it my self...but How do I discard the used oil?? I know you can buy the oil pans at the auto stores..but dont know what to do if I were to have it filled up..

I will be doing it my self next time.

well i would do it my self...but How do I discard the used oil?? I know you can buy the oil pans at the auto stores..but dont know what to do if I were to have it filled up..

I will be doing it my self next time.

Skip the drain pan - get a Fumoto valve with a hose connector. 1/2" tubing straight from the oil pan to a gallon jug, and ,voila!, done.

Most states require that any store that sells oil, must take used oil for recycling. In my case, I can just leave it out on the curb in a gallon jug with my recycling, yard debris, and garbage on any given Thursday.

Oh, and there's some gold in this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1540

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived