LegacyGT.com

Best RSB?

darb1

This made me curious. I got under the car and calipered the stock FSB and AVO RSB. The front measures 21mm and the rear 20mm. The front bushing does have a "20" on it but it must refer to something else, or maybe it's another metric system.

I don't know but the rear says 18 also, and thats what it is...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hard to figure what the imprints on the bushings are referring to. I wonder if anyone has manufacturer info on this.

I suspect that, because the bushings have a cut in them for ease of installation, a smaller diameter bushing can be used on larger diameter RSB within reason, e.g., 20 mm bushing on 21 mm FSB. I'm just speculating, i.e., talking out of my ass without any factual confirmation, though. :p

I suspect that, because the bushings have a cut in them for ease of installation, a smaller diameter bushing can be used on larger diameter RSB within reason, e.g., 20 mm bushing on 21 mm FSB. I'm just speculating, i.e., talking out of my ass without any factual confirmation, though. :p

That might work to a point but I'd be skeptical. I had a Ford mechanic for some strange reason replace my non-stock Contour 22mm RSB bushings with stock 19mm bushings. The effect was to cause the RSB to bind and transfer the RSB's torque rotation into the subframe thereby cracking the subframe.

My bad just checked my stock RSB and there is no markings on the bushing. Guess it was just in my head...oops

Maybe you are thinking of the marking on the RSB. I know there is something on the middle of the bar but I couldn't make it out. There is a set of marking on the JDM RSB too.

Maybe you are thinking of the marking on the RSB. I know there is something on the middle of the bar but I couldn't make it out. There is a set of marking on the JDM RSB too.

There are "20" and "18" markings on the bushings. Just not clear what the numbers refer to.

Archived