LegacyGT.com

Best RSB?

darb1

whats the best place to buy the jdm rsb?

The only places I've found that have it are Rallitek and AVO. Rallitek lists them as in stock, but after you buy it you'll find out there is a 2-3 week delay.

AVO has it for $50 more than Rallitek. Not sure if they have it in stock.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only places I've found that have it are Rallitek and AVO. Rallitek lists them as in stock, but after you buy it you'll find out there is a 2-3 week delay.

AVO has it for $50 more than Rallitek. Not sure if they have it in stock.

Rallitek just got some JDM bars in, so they should be in stock over there. My bar was shipped yesterday. Not sure what the price is now but the bar was $100 when I ordered it.

I have the AVO rear bar only. It's really well balanced with the front bar. I have no plans on going to stiffer coil-over springs so I wanted to make sure that the bar I ran wasn't going to overpower my springs (cause tire lift). It's very neutral.

What's a roll center adjuster? You can lower the roll center with shorter springs but the roll balance to me is just off on the car. Way too much front stiffness and way too little rear stiffness. I prefer more neutral roll balance. A lower roll center should reduce the impact of the roll imbalance but it would still be imbalanced.

What kind of FSB are you using with the 25mm RSB? What about springs/shocks?

Cusco 23mm front. I had the cusco 21mm rear, but the perrin is in there now. Bilsteins + STI pinks for now, KW Variant 2s soon.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Cusco 23mm front. I had the cusco 21mm rear, but the perrin is in there now. Bilsteins + STI pinks for now, KW Variant 2s soon.

Mike

So your rear bar is thicker than your front bar? Sounds interesting. How's the handling balance with that combo? Neutral, oversteer, etc? What are KW Variant 2s?

So your rear bar is thicker than your front bar? Sounds interesting. How's the handling balance with that combo? Neutral, oversteer, etc? What are KW Variant 2s?

Fairly neutral, but I have the rear bar on the softer of the two settings... gonna try the stiffer setting this weekend.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Fairly neutral, but I have the rear bar on the softer of the two settings... gonna try the stiffer setting this weekend.

Mike

None of the oversteer that some worry about. My experience with 21mm stock FSB and 20mm AVO RSB (with stock springs/shocks/ride height) is also very neutral.

^^^

Thats strange where you hear that? I have never heard 21mm, well anyways it stamped right on the bushings for the stock FSB "20mm".

From Rallitek's website description of the AVO RSB:

The AVO designed 20mm solid rear stabilizer bar is a big improvement over the standard USDM or JDM OEM tube-construction rear stabilizer bar. Adjustable for roll resistance, it improves turn-in, removes body roll in corners, and works very well with the standard 21mm front stabilizer bar. A must have! Will fit to a USDM Legacy GT or Outback XT with the provided rear 20mm polyurethane bushings. Add AVO Endlinks for a complete kit!

Source: http://rallitek.com/avo20restbar.html

I reached under with the calipers and the 21mm went on snugly and the 20mm didn't go on. I'll check more precisely over the weekend and look at the bushings. Odd that the bar would be 21mm (though that's what I've read pretty much everywhere) with bushings labeled 20mm.

This made me curious. I got under the car and calipered the stock FSB and AVO RSB. The front measures 21mm and the rear 20mm. The front bushing does have a "20" on it but it must refer to something else, or maybe it's another metric system.

Archived