LegacyGT.com

Winter Wheel/Tire Set

Tommyh

I'm looking to purchase a set of "new" wheels to be shod with Blizzaks for winter driving. I'm wondering if the earlier generations of Legacy and Outback wheels would work on my '05 LGT. I hate the idea of ugly wheels on my car, but since these will only be for a few months and I don't want to damage my Stock wheels I can live with it.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

[quote name='Flanders']What is ugly about the wheels from a 2000+ GT? They are much smaller than your 17's.[/QUOTE] They are only ugly in comparision to the '05's 17" wheels. So our only option is 17" tires and '05 is the first year that subaru offered a wheel this big? So, then to those who have already replaced your stock wheels. Would you be willing to sell off your stockers?

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Stock rims are for sale left and right, check the for sale pages. There are several options. Also, I would say you would be fine with the RE-92 in the snow unless you drive all the time. I live in Syracuse and the stocks were fine for me. I wasn't passing people in 6" but I didn't want to.

Archived