LegacyGT.com

Bullsh!t

alishelby

ive had my 18 inch rims on for a few months now and my suspension seems to be acting up. im not sure whats wrong but i called the dealership to schedule an appt. they kno i have the rims on there since ive taken it in for oil changes. so when i called up they told that if the problem is from the rims then they will charge me $95 which is bs! im scared to take it in to that same place. but does anybody know if they have general records in the computer that all the subaru dealerships can access? because im thinking about taking it in to another one. please help!

When you say acting up, what do you mean?

Are the 18s your only mod as far as the handling?

Once you put on the 18s did you have your alignment done?

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I went to Martin Subaru today in Turnersville, NJ because my alignment seemed to be off at 4500 miles. They told me that because I had aftermarket rims it would not be warrantied and they would not align the car even if I paid for it. I will never be back to see them.

wow. that's total bogus about the alignment! our techs constantly align our cars with the factory specs or what we request.

as for the $95 diagnostics fee, that is normal.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

1) You'd be surprised at how much a car can be out of alignment right from the factory.

Recently did an alignment at WestEnd and found out my rear wheels were out of center. Both wheels were almost 2mm to the left. He said this is from the factory. So very good point.

I don't think the dealers will note aftermarket wheels in their system unless it was part of a previously documented problem.

Archived