LegacyGT.com

I feel like my car is falling apart on me. - whine

It runs, and it runs well - don't get me wrong. But stupid shit seems to be breaking all over the place over the last month.

As you may or may not know, the 2007's (and above) come with tire pressure monitoring systems. Well, about a month ago I got an alarm light showing my tires were low. Seemed to be driving okay so I didn't pull over - got to work and looked at the tires. All looked good. Looked in the manual for proper pressure, took my tire gauge and measured them. All good. I figured I'd just put more air in them and see if it fixes them. It did. Well now I'm getting the alarm light again, but my tire pressure hasn't changed. So I think my TPMS is going bad somehow.

Depressing my clutch, there's always been a little bit of noise. Well within the last couple of weeks it's gotten progressively worse. Now I can feel what sounds like a lug nut coming loose, every time I depress the clutch, right from under the dash. Probably not mechanically dangerous, but definitely not something to be proud of in your six month old car.

Yesterday I was listening to a CD on the way to the grocery store. A song finished and then there was silence. I looked at the stereo to see what it was doing and it says "PUSH EJECT" - which I did, and that sent it into a constant motor "recycle" that it will not get out of. The thing has been trying to eject a CD for over 24 hours now (even when the car is off of course). Hearing it while driving absolutely blows. I actually had to listen to radio music to drown it out. I hate radio music. :mad:

So here I am with a six month old car, with less than 10,000 miles on it. I have a constant TPMS alarm on my dash for no reason. I have a loud "snap" sound every time I push in the clutch. And my stereo has stopped playing/ejecting CDs and constantly makes "eject noises".

Obviously I'm bringing it in to get these issues resolved - but so far I'm very disappointed that I have to deal with them at all this early in the game. It does not bode well for long term ownership.

No worries - I had to have the shifter assembly replaced and have the wheels aligned because the steering wheel was cocked to the left for straight. Just take it to your dealer and, pending it's a reputable place, should have that all squared away easily. Let us know how it turns out!

let me know what happens with the TPMS because i have the same issue. i choose to ignore the stupid light since all my tires are fine.

also, my all weather floor mats ripped out patches of my carpet and now that i put in the factory mats they move since there are places with no carpeting "fuzz" so i am going to have to see if warranty will cover this.... i still love it though. it's the small things that are just mildly annoying at times. but they shall be fixed just like with yours.

I had my TPMS light come on one time - and found the tires to be overfull - from the dealer! Not sure how this happened or why it took so long to come on, but after letting air back down to the recommended level, it turned off after a short drive around the neighborhood. Car runs smoother now, too. Go figure.

mine turns on intermittently. no matter what the temp is on the tire, it just turns on for a day, turns off for a few, then turns on for a few and then off for one. its retarded.

Turntable - what do you think of your all weather mats? I have them from Subaru and have found that the angles of them cause my heel to slip when bracing against the pedals. Was considering going with the full floorboard model found in ads from Motor Trend, etc.

they were nice but i wore a hole in them within 5k miles which pissed me off. then the fact that the carpet was messed up by them REALLY got me mad. so all in all i hate them. i am also considering some weather tech mats (the ones in MT)

you get used to clutching and everything with the thick ass subaru all weather ones, but why get used to them if they wear out in a matter of months?

You have to have it serviced multiple times for the same issue before they call it a lemon and give you your money back. Even then, the problem has to be considered a dangerous problem that affects the value or drivability of the car. And still even then it doesn't always work. My '05 was a serious lemon and I never got satisfaction. They are just now finally issuing recalls for the things that plagued me. It is one of my many gripes with Subaru and the main reason why I sold it and was happy doing it.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

mine turns on intermittently. no matter what the temp is on the tire, it just turns on for a day, turns off for a few, then turns on for a few and then off for one. its retarded.

Well turns out I had a nail in the tire... Even though the pressure was higher than optimal when I turned the car in. Strange. Measured it out of service and it's back down to optimal. Strange.

Maybe my tire gauge is crap.

Yesterday I was listening to a CD on the way to the grocery store. A song finished and then there was silence. I looked at the stereo to see what it was doing and it says "PUSH EJECT" - which I did, and that sent it into a constant motor "recycle" that it will not get out of. The thing has been trying to eject a CD for over 24 hours now (even when the car is off of course). Hearing it while driving absolutely blows. I actually had to listen to radio music to drown it out. I hate radio music. :mad:

This actually happened to me.. Couldn't prove it to the dealer. Cuz it would work after a few hours.. Or maybe going over a couple bumps on the road. Really pissed me off...

I never reproduced it to the dealer, but they changed the unit for me.

To eject the cd's, I would turn the car off.. Hold the 'EJECT' button and start up the car.. This will shoot out all the cd's. To get the cd to work.. Well that just took time... I would hit the CD button every so often to see if it works.. I thought it was just my 05 head unit. My car was one of the earlier productions... 11/04 I think..

Hope that helps..

Laterz,

K

Archived