LegacyGT.com

How do I get my new LGT home?

LMVT

I'm buying a LGT from a member of this board that lives in Virginia Beach. The issue is that I'm from Vermont and will be renting a car one way to pick up my new LGT.

I've bought cars from out of state before and was able to get a temp in-transit plate from the DMV, but the VA state DMV doesn't offer these.

I could always slap a plate from one of my other cars on it, but I'd hate to risk getting pulled over since its a 11+ hour drive home, and I doubt thats legal.

I was thinking I could stop at a local car dealer in VA and ask if they could give me/purchase a temp dealer tag, but I'm not sure if they'll go for that.

I'm picking it up on friday so any info would be appreciated.

2005 LGT w/ dom. 3 + meth - Sold.

Both of my out of state car purchases were from dealers, so the temp tages were handled by them. However, when I sold a car to an out of state buyer, he was able to get the info he needed from the IL DMV for a temp tag that I went and picked up before he flew out.

Anyway, if VA DMV is of no help, then as suggested, I would contact the DMV in Vermont and see what they have to say.

ignore him, he'll go away.

There are good odds of being pulled over with or without temp tags, paper plates, in-transits or whatever. I have driven several cars all the way from the both coasts 24 hours back to Nebraska with NO tags what so ever and have never had any problems. As long as you have a bill of sale and insurance you should be able to make it back without any problems.

You could always ask the seller if you could leave the plates on the car until you get home and then just mail them back after the trip.

Let's kick this pig!

Archived