LegacyGT.com

Is there a way to check for the "stutter"?

shanker

I can reproduce it all the time of I cruise along at about 2500rpm in second gear... then accelerate swiftly and it should happen. Sometimes in third gear at around the same rpm but much more so in second.

But the question is: will you not buy the car if you get the studder? Most of us have it, and over time I have learned how to drive the car so it rarely happens... adapt and evolve.

A Cobb AP wih staged maps help smooth it out too... so all is not lost.

Mine does it from virtually every stop light no matter what I do, and while cruising between 2000-3000 RPMs when you give it a little gas... it feels like I'm riding in a manual transmission car with a 15 year old kid driving. It's horrible. I'm taking the car in to see what they can do since I can't handle it any more.

I'm running a TDC Stage 1 map right now and am first going to reflash to stock. I reset the ECU a few days ago and it was so smooth for about 30 miles. Then back to the bucking bronco feeling. Unacceptable.

But the question is: will you not buy the car if you get the studder? Most of us have it, and over time I have learned how to drive the car so it rarely happens... adapt and evolve.

+1 its not that bad when you get used to it (I rarely notice it), im pretty sure all LGTs have it...

• 3 weeks later...
Mine does it from virtually every stop light no matter what I do, and while cruising between 2000-3000 RPMs when you give it a little gas... it feels like I'm riding in a manual transmission car with a 15 year old kid driving. It's horrible. I'm taking the car in to see what they can do since I can't handle it any more.

I'm running a TDC Stage 1 map right now and am first going to reflash to stock. I reset the ECU a few days ago and it was so smooth for about 30 miles. Then back to the bucking bronco feeling. Unacceptable.

This is a very discouraging post to someone interested in an '05 LGT :spin::eek:

I've driven three '05 LGTs and none of them had it that I was able to reproduce so maybe I was lucky.

I found and purchased an '05 auto with all options but the spoiler with only 5600 miles on it. 200 miles in all types of conditions and it's been perfect so far.

Archived