LegacyGT.com

Hit the Rev Limiter? - POLL

Hit the Rev Limiter?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Hit the Rev Limiter?

• Never have (I'm a woos)
    • Maybe a half-dozen times (good citizen)
    • About a dozen times (lead foot)
    • Too many times to keep count (drive it like a RX8)

Driving along on my lunchhour jamming to ZZ Top CD. Not really trying to run fast but seems to happen subconsciencely with the zip this car has. Rolling along in 2nd gear and suddenly felt that damn shuddering above 6-grand rpm.!!:eek: Was blasting "Cheap Sunglasses" too loud to hear the engine running hard. :cool: Up the 3rd gear and merrily on my way. :D Made me wonder how often other LGT drivers bump into the rev limiter - whether they mean to or not. Thought I'd start a poll just to see what the responses are. Should the first response be spelled "wus", or "woose", or "wuss"? Need a damn spell checker!

Hey Chucktoo, Are you saying that with the upgrades you've made it's now "safe" to run up to 7,500 rpm? Or that you just moved the electronic cutoff point and hope to keep it out of the red-zone with proper driving ettiquete? Need that damn spell checker again....it is etiquete, or ettiqete, or ettikit, or edikit, or.....

Why not, the engine can take it...used to do this with the NERD cd playing, but more lately the Car Wash song from Missy... My car has the fuel cut speed limiter at just above 180km/h (JDM) and its so easy to get there in no time. This one's smooth though, compared to the slight jerk experienced in my previous WRX JDM fuel-cut.

Yeah, Subaru engineers are stupid for reducing the redline to 6500 rpm. As the car weight and engine displacement increase, the redline has to increase too. Why did they miss such a crucial engineering concept, it is so obvious? NOT.[size=7] NOT [/size] Mojo
I keed I keeed

• 2 weeks later...

Archived