LegacyGT.com

Information display relocation

CapnJack

Hopefully this has not been covered, but here goes...

On my wife's 07 Outback, the information display is under the "pod", where the nav unit would go. It lists MPG, miles remaining, temp, etc.

On my 07 LGT, the information display is in the gauge cluster and the only way to go through the different displays is to go through the odometer, SI display, etc.

Can I take an information display from an Outback(not my wife’s ;)) and put it under my pod without a ton of wiring. The question being, did they use a similar wiring harness in the dash and is the plug there to simply plug and play?

I know this is petty in the grand scheme of things, but I am just curious.

I think the answer to that is no. The '07 LGT is the first year where that display was moved from where the clock is to in the gauge cluster (I think only cars with the SI-Drive had the display moved). When I was installing my boost gauge in the cubby hole, I was looking through threads of other people here who installed theirs in the same place. The pictures I saw of the connector to the clock/info display in the '05-'06 LGT's had more wires running into it than my car does.

• 1 year later...

Does anybody know the part# for cover of this information display on dashboard?

I was using goof-off to get rid of some stuff inside the cubby and some of goof-off were dropped on cover of the display and pretty much made the dusplay un-viewable. Any help will be greatly appereciated.

Thanks!

Archived