LegacyGT.com

Help... Car towed this morning

sportwagon

I have the MLB package and watch most of the games....wife is a sox fan due to our marriage.

Yes, I wacthed the game..unreal! Mike Lowell is the man!

I am currently watching the sox get their asses whipped.....I wish I was in the bleachers drinking beer!

I FRIGGIN LOVE LOWELL.... I SO HOPE THEY KEEP HIM AFTER THIS SEASON!!!

I FRIGGIN LOVE LOWELL.... I SO HOPE THEY KEEP HIM AFTER THIS SEASON!!!

My wife's favorite player. He gets the job done...he was part of the 'package deal' the Sox had to pony up for to get Beckett...big contract and all...turns out it was worth EVERY $$!!

BTW, move your GF from Southie to Maaablehead...much nicer! I gre up in Ipswich.

Rehab is for quitters.

My wife's favorite player. He gets the job done...he was part of the 'package deal' the Sox had to pony up for to get Beckett...big contract and all...turns out it was worth EVERY $$!!

BTW, move your GF from Southie to Maaablehead...much nicer! I gre up in Ipswich.

Actually Southie is becoming just as yuppified as some nicer towns on the north shore! Moving up to M'head would be nice, but the $$$ involved would be :spin:

Plus her commute to the fiancial district would be much mor of a PIA... Actually my commute from Southie to Andover is so much easier than Marblehead to Andover!

PS. I'm buying my first Red Sox jersey soon and it is gonna say Lowell on the back... #25 I think!

I left my car on W. Broadway in Southie last night and missed the sign stating street cleaning on Tuesday morning! F *%#'n Sh*t!!!

I've cooled down since 8:00am this morning when I discovered it gone!

My questions now are...

How do I know if they towed it with a flat bed?

If they didn't are they responsible for doing so?///

I've parked my 06 OBW on the street in SoBo every night for a year and a half (and a 2005 Accord V6 before it), and there isn't a dent on it. What street does your GF live on? Sounds like a terrible area.

It's usually towed by D&D in Southie but there are other contractors. The name of the driver is on the form and you can ask what he was driving. D&D towed mine while I was on vacation (and my neighbor didn't move it for us), they used a flatbed, and there wasn't any damage at all. Subarus aren't exactly a rare sight in Boston: over 4,000 of them are registered here. There are four on our street.

I can't blame the city at this point. They tried running trucks with bullhorns down the streets in front of the sweepers. Then ticketing people for $25. Then $40. And there were still people who didn't move and the streets were filthy. Now that they're ticketing and towing, everyone is up and arms. But lo and behold, people actually move their cars!

BTW, I saw BTD (Boston Transportation Div - city agency) move a neighbors WRX for construction, and they used a dolly.

Enjoy your trip to the yard. Usually there are a few drivers around: reminds me of the bar scene in Star Wars.

I agree... there is a reason why Southie has the worst or highest car insurance premiums of any place in MA... Just about every car is dented, dinged or worse....//

I call BS on all counts. Are you sure all those dents and dings are the fault of someone else? If it is so intolerable, why does GF live here?

I've lived in South Boston for 10 years after living 13 years in Marblehead. . For every scratch on my wife's minivan bumpers there are three dings from shopping mall parking lots. Within 200 yards of our house there's an 07 OBXT, two BMW X3's, a BMW X5, a WRX, a couple of new Camrys, a new 3 series BMW, a new Volvo XC70, and a Prius. I used to joke that I moved here because "it's quieter, closer to the water, and easier to park." A lot of poor people suck but rich people aren't so damned great, either.

Parking is getting a lot worse in South Boston because developers buy three family houses for $650,000, convert them to condos, and sell them for $450,000 a floor. They're only required to provide one parking space per unit. All those folks moving into condos and attracting overnight boyfriends have made what used to be an easy place to park into a more challenging environment. Parking in Old Town Marblehead is often much worse, since you have an overnight parking ban during winter.

Southie sucks. Don't buy a condo here. There are no girls that live here and the ones that do weigh over 200 lbs, have fewer than 32 teeth and are Red Sox groupies. The harbor is terribly polluted, the sailing sucks, and it's hard to get a mooring. The taxes are breathtaking, there's nothing to do, street crime is rampant, and as mentioned, parking is terrible and insurance is expensive. Move to Jamaica Plain, Back Bay or the South End before it's too late!

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like Southie! It is a nice and up-and-coming part of the city! My GF... soon to be Fiance... :rolleyes:... Lives on West 3rd st. The parking on that street isn't that bad... except for the fact that I can't park on that street! :lol:

Luckily, there is a parking lot off of Broadway where 99% of the time I can find a spot and park my car over night! I'll get a ticket if I leave it there too long the next morning, but that isn't a problem... I can move it to right in front of her place during the day, before I go to work in the afternoon.

The few times I have had to park on non-resident parking streets... West Broadway... I have come back to my car to find scratches on the side and one of the times was when it was in the tow yard!

The dents and dings I think are from people in the parking lot... nothing I can do... it is a high traffic lot with plenty of foot traffic cutting through the area, too!

In Mhead... I don't live near old town... I have a driveway, so it is relatively safe (aside form the bird crap) to park there! I park far away from other cars in lots and shopping plazas, etc. It is just a cause of habit... I park defensively!

The example of your wife's minivan isn't really relative, because I'm sure she doesn't take the time to park far away at the grocery stores... why would she if she has kids and groceries to handle? Plus it's a minivan! Chances are that the kids do enough damage to it on there own to care enough about prking it defensively!

Yes, I have seen plenty of nice cars in southie. They usually are in lots, driveways and garages. If they aren't, they are in resident spots on the street where they are at slightly higher risk of getting hit... but much less likely than if they didn't have a resident sticker and had to park on Broadway, where cars can be double and triple-parked next to an open parking spot? :confused:

I get your point, but I defend my previous statement!

I like south boston... I will likely have a resident sticker one day soon! I can assure you that my insurance will jump astronomically when I do! The dents and dings are there, and they are from Southie! I can manage with that, because it is only a car!

When I got quotes last year, it was about $1,650 for a new OBW, $2,350 for an LGT, and $3,250 for a WRX: we have pretty high coverages. Our minivan is about $1,100. My motorcycle is about $500.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

When I got quotes last year, it was about $1,650 for a new OBW, $2,350 for an LGT, and $3,250 for a WRX: we have pretty high coverages. Our minivan is about $1,100. My motorcycle is about $500.

:eek: Damn I thought New Jersey was high. Actually the NJ suburbs aren't as bad as the city. I can't imagine what an STI would be in your neck of the woods.

I pay around $1,100 a year for the LGT ($500 deductible).

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Oddly enough, our commercial insurance polices cost less in MA than in NH.

MA insurance is really d#cked up. The state sets the rates. For next year they are going to be introducing competitive prices, but they are not going to allow the insurance companies to use "socioeconomic" data. So a divorced guy renting a house with bad credit will pay the same as a married guy who owns a home and has good credit.

I just wrote my state reps to complain about how the insurance system contributes to unsafe driving. The fact that a 24 yo guy in a Honda Accord knocked me off my motorcycle last week (in Newbury) greatly informed my concern. By way of explaining to the state trooper how it was that he hit me, young Mr. Kuang explained that it was his first car and he'd only had it six months. Apparently they don't teach you not to pass in a "Lane Closed" construction zone here.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

can we get this back on topic? bosco

The OP posted that he was planning to move to South Boston, was concerned about insurance costs, and I replied with the quotes given me for different Subarus in that place.

If that is off topic this thread should certainly be locked.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

The OP posted that he was planning to move to South Boston, was concerned about insurance costs, and I replied with the quotes given me for different Subarus in that place.

If that is off topic this thread should certainly be locked.

there are many insurance threads here with info on rates so with that said i will do what you want. closed. :) bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived