LegacyGT.com

Why did Subaru put the "chirp" on the passenger side??

I would like to have it close to me when I get out so I can actually hear it. Do you think there is a way to relocate or add another one to the driver side? I dont even know what this unit looks like.:confused:

Well, you need to hit the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously. I forget if you have to hold them down for a period of time, or hit then together briefly. I kind of mashed at them until the beep turns off. Anyways, that turns the beep off altogether, so when you lock or unlock it won't make a noise anymore.

However, if you hit lock and a door is ajar, or the trunk is open, it will beep three times or so. Then when you close whatever is open, it will beep again to confirm the car is locked. That's the only real feature I use the chirps for.

trivia, same chirp used by all toyotas with OEM keyless entry.

Probably some aftermarket company supplies it.

X

The chirp may be the same, but the remote "brain" is different than the Toyota unit. My wife has a 2004 Camry and I can assure you it's quite different. On the Toyota, you can press the lock/unlock at any speed you like and the car will "catch up" to you remembering all button presses. For example, if I hit unlock-unlock too fast on my Subaru, it only does one unlock. I have to be slow, patient, and deliberate about it. On the Toyota, it works no problem.

On the upside, the the remote for my Subaru has much greater range than the Toyota (even when both have new batteries).

Not on the 06 Fobs. I have an 05 and a 06 Fob (replacement ebay Fob for the one I busted...didn't bust the PCB though so I just did a transplant)

They're not on the '08 keys either (key and fob in 1)

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

My '07 Spec B. has a menu in the navi that allows you do adjust and de/activate the chirp.

Ah, but can you order dinner from that menu?;)

My wife accidently disabled the chirp on the OBXT. You just hold the unlock button down for 3 seconds, and it reverses it.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Between our 04 FXT and the 06 LGT, the FXT is faster to unlock all doors than the LGT. But I read somewhere that the LGT has the Anti-Code Grabber technology, which could be causing it to have to wait between clicks.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Funny story. Was at work today and this lady was trying to get into her Lexus... She must have hit the unlock button about 10 times trying to get into her passenger side.. Mind you I have worked there for awhile and know she had this car for at least 5 years.. She would hit then button.. Then test the door.. Look down at her remote find the button and hit it again.. By the time she hit it again the timer to unlock the other doors had reset.. I thought it was funny as occasionally I do that but never like that..:lol:

Archived