LegacyGT.com

First impression of the new Audi R8

Underwhelming. Mind you we aren't allowed to drive it, but there is one at my work right now. Yes I do have a pic of it, but I would need someone to host it for me. I got to sit in it, look at things close and I gotta say I am disappointed. I guess we are having a R8 release party tonight so that's why its here. There is also a RS4 ALMS race car here too which is actually more impressive.

Chris

Underwhelming. Mind you we aren't allowed to drive it, but there is one at my work right now. Yes I do have a pic of it, but I would need someone to host it for me. I got to sit in it, look at things close and I gotta say I am disappointed. I guess we are having a R8 release party tonight so that's why its here. There is also a RS4 ALMS race car here too which is actually more impressive.

Chris

ummm... where in "chicagoland" do you work? Might need to drop by and check that out. Host the pic at www.photodump.org. No account needed.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Tonight it is going to be at our dealer....The AUdi Exchange of Highland Park. It's supposed to be going to Schaumburg Audi sometime this week. Quite possibly tomorrow. Not sure if it an event you can just drop in on. It might be by invite only.

*shrugs* I thought it was spectacular when I saw it.

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/audi_event/DSCN4759.sized.jpg

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/audi_event/DSCN4764.sized.jpg

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/audi_event/DSCN4760.sized.jpg

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/audi_event/DSCN4765.sized.jpg

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/audi_event/DSCN4798.sized.jpg

http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/audi_event/DSCN4758.sized.jpg

If Audi would only take a step up in the HP wars thay would really be able to compete......

Prob is.....the 08 Vette is not only going to be quicker but also has more HP:rolleyes:

The R8 should have @ least 500HP.....420.....(100k+)you must be kidding

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

If Audi would only take a step up in the HP wars thay would really be able to compete......

Prob is.....the 08 Vette is not only going to be quicker but also has more HP:rolleyes:

But the vette doesn't have AWD :) Not that it should make the car so freaking expensive...

My mom (who has an '06 Vette) called me the other day. the conversation went as so:

Mom: Jax, I know what my next car is going to be!!

Me: And what would that be?

Mom: An R8!!

Me: Mom, you mean Audi's new 'Ferrari Killer'?

Mom: Yea, I guess.

Me: you know thats over $100k, right?

Mom: nevermind.

She can dream on... It is a hott looking car though

The first year they are only releasing the R8 with the RS4 engine. Next year they are supposed to get a "larger" engine. No actual confirmation as to what it may be. Rumors of the 5.2 V10 FSI, a V10 TDI, and even the new RS6 V10 5.2 which again is rumored to be twin turbo. My guess would be the new RS6 engine around 550-600hp.

Per request. That's about as close as I can get presently. They don't like us techs up there when customers are around.

http://www.photodump.org/stored16/0813071809.jpg

I can only dream of being able of doing carbon fiber work like is done on the RS4. The entire dash is nothing but a perfectly square and smooth piece of carbon fiber.

disappointed? what do you expect to have in a car?

Chris

The '07 model already proved quicker around Car and Driver's "Lightning Lap" for less than half the price. The R8 is a nice car but God it's got to be a let down when you buy one and realize that some guy who took out a second mortgage on his singlewide for a 'Vette and doesn't even park it under the $199 portable carport next to the old lady's Cutlass could theoretically embarass you on the track.

Experience is something you don't get until right after you needed it.

Freaking a. Thats at strong audi? I need to go check that shiz out. I wish the back didn't look retarded.

*was* at Strong Audi. It was for a private audi event before th ALMS race out at Miller.

It's not competing against the vette. It's competing against Porsche. And at 420hp it has more power than any Porsche this side of the turbo. For the cars in it's segment it has more power than most.

It's not competing against the vette. It's competing against Porsche. And at 420hp it has more power than any Porsche this side of the turbo and GT3. For the cars in it's segment it has more power than most.

Now its right. Regardless vettes and Vipers aren't this cars targets. ITs just one of those exclusive type cars that rich guys park in their garages and show that they can get and afford one. Considering not all dealers are even getting one to sell, and some dealers only get one to sell per year this is never going to be a high production car as compared to a 911 turbo, GT3, vette, or Viper. THe first year of production the US only gets 200 which are all sold. It proved my point last night when they did the launch party and it was a bunch of rich guys doing a circle jerk about how rich they were. We had a lot of high dollar cars pull in so they can show each other how much money they can waste.

Now its right. Regardless vettes and Vipers aren't this cars targets. ITs just one of those exclusive type cars that rich guys park in their garages and show that they can get and afford one. Considering not all dealers are even getting one to sell, and some dealers only get one to sell per year this is never going to be a high production car as compared to a 911 turbo, GT3, vette, or Viper. THe first year of production the US only gets 200 which are all sold. It proved my point last night when they did the launch party and it was a bunch of rich guys doing a circle jerk about how rich they were. We had a lot of high dollar cars pull in so they can show each other how much money they can waste.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived