LegacyGT.com

Sudden death of A/C

a89aries

Since I bought my car a month ago The A/C has worked flawlessly, got cold quickly and lasted for long trips. Today on the way home I had it on and after a bit my friend was cold (yes its that good!) and shut it off. No more than 3 minutes later I turned it on again and the air now blows warm. I Can't hear/feel the compressor turning on anymore. I'm sending it into the shop this week to see if they can figure it out. Was curious if theirs a common relay/wire that comes loose or anything simple I should look for?

Car is a 1997 Legacy GT.

Thanks

Alex

I would check the A/C fuse under the dash or in the engine bay. When I picked up my Baja new, the fuse was not set in and was blowing warm air.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I checked the one under the hood, as well as switched around all the relays (4 A/C relays! holy crap!) all the same P# tho so I just played musical relays. Still no change, clutch won't engage. Couldn't see any fuses under the dash relating to the A/C however.

Same thing just happened to my legacy, worked a week ago now it just blows warm air. When I turn it on I can hear a quiet squealing noise. I just got my legacy 3 weeks ago and it is a 97 gt as well. Did yours make any sort of odd noises when it stopped working? I drive on dirt roads often so maybe the same thing happened, but I hope not!

Archived