LegacyGT.com

Edmunds Comparison Test: 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX vs. 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 (story&video)

godwhomismike

It would not cost the same as the Legacy to use softer plastics in the cabin and install seats with better support.

I don't know if you know what soft touch plastics are... but that's what they are... it doesn't necessarily mean soft vinyl like a camry dash. The Impreza uses soft touch plastics everywhere except the cup holders.

Yeah Stewart... I ordered a 5 door WRB 5 speed with Navigation. I'm pretty excited!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Speed3 was a disappointing drive. The Speed6 was much more satisfying to drive, although the seats made me feel WAY high compared to my wagon. I just don't get why they don't throw an AWD system in the Speed3?? They could....

The B4, we got a silver/black sedan in 4AT (puke) with navi. I didn't want to pay 2500 for the nav and just put in a pioneer deck, but the stereo and nav looked pretty good so I caved, also got the sub, etc.

If the previous wrx competed with the ms3 and the lgt competed with the ms6, where does that put the new ms3 in comparison to the lgt now? The Impreza and Legacy are still very different cars, but the engine and suspension feel very similar.

That's becuase the engine and suspension are the exact same as a Legacy now. It's built on a Legacy platform.

Yeah, I know that, the ride feels pretty much the same. The Impreza does have stiffer spring rates by default than the Legacy however, it so nominal though that you can't really feel it.

Looks like the '08 Rex won't be much competition when I finally get to roll up on one! :lol:

j/k :)

Don't be a hater since you got your MS3. You how much better a few mods made your LGT.;)

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I don't know if you know what soft touch plastics are... but that's what they are... it doesn't necessarily mean soft vinyl like a camry dash. The Impreza uses soft touch plastics everywhere except the cup holders.

Yeah Stewart... I ordered a 5 door WRB 5 speed with Navigation. I'm pretty excited!

All you need is a set of sways and it should handle great. Anyone know what parts are interchangable between the WRX and the LGT?

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

i've been in both the new 08 WRX hatch and an 07 MS3. if not for needing AWD, i'd buy the MS3 over the WRX hands down. the MS3 was more responsive, nicer interior and handled awesome! the 08 WRX is nice, however, would not even be on my list of cars to potentially buy. now, the new 08 STI.... that's a different story. the whole time i was driving the MS3, i kept thinking, imagine this with 300+ hp and AWD! yep, STI hatch, here i come!
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Well Subaru is aiming for better ride comfort but still puts the crappy RE92's (WTF).

There are better tires out there Subaru.

its a subaru. so on the brightside judging on the legacy, it will be very modifiable.

Subaru might have softened the suspension too much. 4 mph difference is a slalom is too much.

I love my car ... basically.

Archived