LegacyGT.com

Infiniti M35x All Wheel Drive Sport Sedan

Hey I went and test drove the M35X yesterday. What a car!

My father just turned 115k on his car and he's thinking about upgrading.

Some of the cars he has considered are the M45, Acura RL, and now the M35X.

I obviously have the Spec B so I'm partial to the al wheel drive but I haven't heard much about the Infiniti All Wheel Drive system.

Was hoping to get some advice of info here.

It has the 3.5 V6 as opposed the the M45 4.5 liter V8.

The gas mileage isn't that much of a difference on the V8.

The power is 276 versus 325. Not a world of difference but it is there.

The main deal is the all wheel dirive. There are benefits there and the M45 doesn't have that option.

The MSRP on the 2007 M35X is $44k plus the $2,950 technology package which brings the total to $48.

We had themd own to $46 pretty easily and they conisdered selling "at invoice" which they showed us on a print out from Infiniti for that car was at $44.

From the internet I found some sources that claimed about 40 as invoice and so with the tech package that would be around 42.

What do you think of the car?

The Price?

The Infiniti all wheel drive system?

The M35x's AWD system is the ATTESA-ETS. Maybe that name rings a bell with you, it's the same system that was in the GT-R. As you can gather from all hype with the GT-R it's a pretty good system from handling point of view.

Yes the old Skyline GT-R. BTW, Skyline refers to all version of the Skyline sedan and coupe, the Infiniti G35 here in the US. The new GT-R will just be called the Nissan GT-R, the Skyline name will no longer be attach to it.

Has your dad looked into the G35 AWD sedan? Personally, I like the looks of the new G35 sedan more than the M35. It has the same engine and (probably) the same AWD system, in a newer design, for less.

My dad loves his M35x. He considered the G35 but it was smaller and less comfortable. The higher ride height makes it easier to get in and out of. (good if you have a bad back) The m35x is better for carrying around people in the back seat. Handling is great and the technology is pretty cool.

The M45x is coming out if the power difference is important.

hmmm M45X....wow....nice

Power wasn't that big of a deal...but having the all wheel drive made the decision easy...

OK..so.... the G35 has been the skyline all along?

Then why are they just now "bringing the skyline to the U.S."

now I'm confused...

and I'm in the same boat...G35 is nice but not big enough...

now I'm confused...

I don't know who is telling you they are just now bringing the skyline to the US but the G35 is the Skyline. Go to http://www.nissan.co.jp/EN/lineup.html and click on Skyline sedan/coupe and you will see that they are G35. What Nissan is just bringing to the US is the GT-R.

hmmm M45X....wow....nice

Power wasn't that big of a deal...but having the all wheel drive made the decision easy...

now I'm confused...

and I'm in the same boat...G35 is nice but not big enough...

the "bringing the skyline to the US" refers to the GT-R the high performance version

In Japan the G35 is called the Skyline, but it didnt come with all the power as the old version and attention, the new one thats comming out soon will be the next high perf model of the Skyline.

hmmmm..

OK so GT-R and the Skyline are two different cars...

That's news to me....

Also, the G35 is the skyline....awesome....

G37 would be...bigger engine....in a skyline....

Man..why were people bringing the skyline over and paying all that money have the wheel switched to the other side when they could have just bought a G35...with navigation...

In Japan:

Skyline is a upmarket group of models, not a single model.

The Skyline sedan, Skyline coupe, and Skyline GT-R coupe (not the same chassis as the current skyline coupe, and is currently on hiatus, being replaced by the upcoming GT-R)

In the US:

Skyline has not been used as a tradename. Infiniti is Nissan's Premium brand.

The Skyline sedan is the G35 sedan.

The Skyline coupe is the G35/G37 coupe.

The Skyline GT-R coupe has never been officially sold here, but has been grey-imported.

The Car replacing the Skyline GTR is being referred to as just the GT-R, (always has been a Nissan in Japan, will be Nissan GT-R as well in the US.)

The GT-R is a performance car, not a luxury car, so it is not being sold as an Infiniti. The Skyline name is still not being used in the US, although the G35 series cars are still being called Skyline in Japan.

Does that clear it up?

In Japan:

Skyline is a upmarket group of models, not a single model.

The Skyline sedan, Skyline coupe, and Skyline GT-R coupe (not the same chassis as the current skyline coupe, and is currently on hiatus, being replaced by the upcoming GT-R)

In the US:

Skyline has not been used as a tradename. Infiniti is Nissan's Premium brand.

The Skyline sedan is the G35 sedan.

The Skyline coupe is the G35/G37 coupe.

The Skyline GT-R coupe has never been officially sold here, but has been grey-imported.

The Car replacing the Skyline GTR is being referred to as just the GT-R, (always has been a Nissan in Japan, will be Nissan GT-R as well in the US.)

The GT-R is a performance car, not a luxury car, so it is not being sold as an Infiniti. The Skyline name is still not being used in the US, although the G35 series cars are still being called Skyline in Japan.

Does that clear it up?

No wonder it was so confusing...... I have never had such a better explanation...

Thank You!

I know you feel....

People used to ask me about Saleen products all the time and it took forever for people to understand the S7 was its own car...not a mustang....not a ford.....although the engine was based off a V8 Ford Engine.... 7.0 liter..

So I understand..... but now I have a better idea of what's going on....

Archived