LegacyGT.com

Parking lights dont go out

It's a great design, just too complicated for North American buyers :lol:

Meh, every other car in North America leaves the headlights on unless you turn the switch to off. Annoying but most beap at you. But in our case, you flick the switch on the steering column and either you forget about it and leave it on, or don't have a clue what it actually does and there is no chime or anything to say, "Hey, your park lights are on and wearing down your battery."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meh, every other car in North America leaves the headlights on unless you turn the switch to off. Annoying but most beap at you. But in our case, you flick the switch on the steering column and either you forget about it and leave it on, or don't have a clue what it actually does and there is no chime or anything to say, "Hey, your park lights are on and wearing down your battery."

In Europe, if you park your car on an unlit street, you have to leave your sidelights on, it's the law. Some cars even have the ability to just leave the offside lights on.

Which of the other cars in N. America do that ?

In Europe, if you park your car on an unlit street, you have to leave your sidelights on, it's the law. Some cars even have the ability to just leave the offside lights on.

Which of the other cars in N. America do that ?

:whore:

Thanks Richard the column switch did the trick.

My little nephew was playing in the car when this problem surfaced. My only question is what were they thinking by adding this feature ? There is no warning signal that the lights are left on and who wants to have the parking lights on all the time not to mention during the day ?

Anyhow the problem is fixed and sorry dudes for not reading the owners manual first

Cheers

There is no warning signal that the lights are left on and who wants to have the parking lights on all the time not to mention during the day ?

I agree, more should have been done to let the owner know what was actually going on. I have left them on before thinking that the red portion of the switch showing meant 'off' when in fact the system is off when the switch shows to lights lighting up.

lol

Thanks Richard the column switch did the trick.

My little nephew was playing in the car when this problem surfaced. My only question is what were they thinking by adding this feature ? There is no warning signal that the lights are left on and who wants to have the parking lights on all the time not to mention during the day ?

Anyhow the problem is fixed and sorry dudes for not reading the owners manual first

Cheers

to be fair, tons of people answered correctly just not in the same way.

but, you is welcome.

dang vimy - who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

My colleague on Wednesday. Took him to task at great risk. But then again, I'm an asshat. Made me reasonably successful over my carreer. I'd be silly to stop now.

you know vimy you hurt my feelings and to think i stood up for you and your right to your opinion when others said ban him. well my friend you are slowly burning your bridges as they say, so in closing good luck and i hope someday you find the happiness you seek. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

^ Total asshat. Got an asshat medal in Iraq and S. Dakota.

Gosh, I am shocked that you dislike me so much.:confused:

What makes me an asshat? The fact that I served in the USMC and have been to Iraq, or the fact that I currently reside in SD? Are all service members asshats? Maybe everyone in SD?

you know vimy you hurt my feelings and to think i stood up for you and your right to your opinion when others said ban him. well my friend you are slowly burning your bridges as they say, so in closing good luck and i hope someday you find the happiness you seek. bosco

Yep. Huge problem. The biggest ever and on a parking light switch thread to boot.

You think you have problems? Last February, I left my parking lights on in a snow storm, drained the battery, which almost made me late for a rehearsal (I'm a pro and always leave extra time w/jumper cables in the foam tray) and lost my mpg data (different trips, different conditions) from the nav system.

Gosh, I am shocked that you dislike me so much.:confused:

What makes me an asshat? The fact that I served in the USMC and have been to Iraq, or the fact that I currently reside in SD? Are all service members asshats? Maybe everyone in SD?

Now you're going to tell me there are no asshats in the Marines. :rolleyes:

Archived