LegacyGT.com

installed sti pinks on my gt sedan,, and my review is this

nendo

put the pinks on today and went out for some spirited driving.. first off the ride height! drop was more than expected that the stated 15mm. on my car i got like 1.2 inch drop front and rear which i was happy about. i was first debating with myself with even gettin these cause of the minimal drop stated but im happy with the drop and look of the car. now the perfprmance.. i was expecting alot harsher ride but was very suprised, u do feel the road alot more but its nothing close to uncomfortable. i few times i hit a couple potholes and i hear a lil thud but its to be expected. cornering is much better with flatter turns.. highway feels good too, feel much more planted. overall im very happy, i did the 3 things i wanted most to achieve, a reasonable drop and comfortable ride with increase in performance. once my perrin sway bars come in i will be a happy camper , i wouldnt bother gettin any other springs cause more than likely u will get a much harsher ride, and if u want harsher u might as welll get coilovers pics of before and after will come up once i get some time to takes some pics

[quote name='nendo']<snip> i was expecting alot harsher ride but was very suprised, u do feel the road alot more but its nothing close to uncomfortable. <snip>[/QUOTE] Just out of curiosity, how young are your bones - us old fogies may have a different threshold of "uncomfortable". Any underdamping issues?

[quote name='nendo'] i wouldnt bother gettin any other springs cause more than likely u will get a much harsher ride, and if u want harsher u might as welll get coilovers [/QUOTE] Swifts are your other option and I'll let ya know how those go.... :D
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Notice the pictures in this thread: [url]http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5267[/url] Opie says he got just a bit over a 1/2" drop, which is more like I expect from STi. The drop is barely percpetible from the pictures, again, in keeping with usual STi performance. Kevin

[quote name='nendo']put the pinks on today and went out for some spirited driving.. first off the ride height! drop was more than expected that the stated 15mm. on my car i got like 1.2 inch drop front and rear which i was happy about.[/QUOTE] I installed the STi springs today...review is also in the forum. I didn't get anyway near a 1.2 inch drop (Thankfully!) I got just slightly more than 1/2" inch but less than 3/4". Looks great.... [IMG]http://www.subaruchallenge.com/Wills/Photos/Legtint2.JPG[/IMG]

[quote name='Opie']I installed the STi springs today...review is also in the forum. I didn't get anyway near a 1.2 inch drop (Thankfully!) I got just slightly more than 1/2" inch but less than 3/4". Looks great.... [url="http://www.subaruchallenge.com/Wills/Photos/Legtint2.JPG"]http://www.subaruchallenge.com/Wills/Photos/Legtint2.JPG[/url][/QUOTE] I'll be watching the next few installs with interest to see what the typical drop turns out to be. 5/8" - 1 3/16" is a pretty big spread, with the bigger drop being too much for me - both from a visual and practical standpoint (scraping). Thanks to everyone who is taking the time to do before and after photos / reviews on this topic.

i will have some photos soon, this varying ride height is wierd, my mechanic measured it and not me so he could be wrong,, anyway the pinks feel good,, i hit a few ugly potholes and it hurts with the pinks in, ouchy

I'm watching this variation in ride height too. And thanks for the observations. Gents and ladies, I'll need a few more data points before I make the decision to upgrade to any springs so keep them coming. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='nendo']i will have some photos soon, this varying ride height is wierd, my mechanic measured it and not me so he could be wrong,, anyway the pinks feel good,, i hit a few ugly potholes and it hurts with the pinks in, ouchy[/QUOTE] But the question is, did you aim for the same potholes both before and after? :lol:

Small, small drop = hard to tell at the distance. Looks like the first pic is the dropped (after) and the second is the stock (before) SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived