LegacyGT.com

Do different states get different front ends?

Canon20D

Im from NJ, but I picked up a car from PA..

Noticed the other day that... it doesnt have a front plate holder. But my co-worker has an 07 he got in NJ and it Does have a holder..

I dont want to drill into my front (i dont like the plates up front anyway..)

What can I do? Can I put it WWAAYY down under the bumper or is that illegal?

Your dealer told you not to mount it? That's interesting. If you need it, mount it. Here you need two plates unless you have a grandfathered single plate like mine that you have transferred from car to car.

Hmm, ill have to look for the dimples.

Ill probably need to mount it somehow, my inspection is due in the next few months :( I wonder how far you can push the "on the front of the car" :)

Yeah, you're kinda boned on this. When I got mine I just sucked it up and took it like a man (although I had to look away).

Cstoop has left his off for a year and has a glove box full of tickets for it...will get even worse now that he's moved to Cherry Hill.

Good luck!

Your dealer told you not to mount it? That's interesting. If you need it, mount it. Here you need two plates unless you have a grandfathered single plate like mine that you have transferred from car to car.

No, I told them not to mount it. It's in the trunk if they need it.

I forgot to tell the dealer not to mount the holder when I ordered my car.

To my surprise they didn't because they get a lot of requests not to mount it on the car. I really don't care if I get the $50 ticket for it, looks better without it.

I was sure to tell them not to put any stupid stickers or license plate frames on the car though, because I'd just take it off the second it got home.

yeah i had taken mine off my RS because it was jersey plates, and i was living in Roch for 9 months a year. I got back and my dad was all pissed off I was going to get a ticket for it, so he found some bolts in his garage and put it on when I was out :p

I dont know if Id worry about where im at - my RS was also a YEAR out of inspection and even though I had 2 cops look over my car (they were checking out my German Shepherds ;) and a cop pull me over, no ones ever bothered me about that.. course its a little easier to over look inspection i guess?

Im from NJ, but I picked up a car from PA..

Noticed the other day that... it doesnt have a front plate holder. But my co-worker has an 07 he got in NJ and it Does have a holder..

PA and DE do not require front license plates at all. Thus, mounting the bracket is not part of the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) process. Since your car is of PA origin, it never had one. Dealers in all other states may or may not include mounting the front license bracket as part of their PDI. I'm not sure where you can put your front license plate... but it's required you have one in NJ. Just put it inside your front windshield :lol:

Archived