LegacyGT.com

compareable rental car to the legacy.

I have my car in the shop. For a rental car, they first gave me a 07 hyundai elantra...it was nice and all but i thought i should be getting something nicer than that. I rode it for a day and didnt like the smoke smell. So i called the rental place and asked for a different car. They only had pt cruiser which i took.

I asked if i could get like an impala or something, but they said im only eligible for a standard size.

Arent our cars suppose to be midsized cars? Should i call up that insurance company and ask to be upgraded to midsize?

What do you guys think? I always thought that our legacies are midsize group.:confused:

I just checked the EPA website. The Legacy is considered a compact car. Weird! It missed the mid-sized criteria by five cubic feet of space. It has 104 cubic feet.

Sedans

Minicompact < 85

Subcompact 85 - 99

Compact 100 - 109

Mid-Size 110 - 119

Large 120 or more

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

No rental comes close.

I am presently driving a Taurus, last week I had a 300, also driven almost every car that Avis rents, all absolutely crap, although the Hyundai Santa Fe was the best I have been in.

It's always such a pleasure to come home at the end of the week and get back in the LGT, nothing compares.

Yeah I work at a rental car agency which shall not be named, and I can tell you guys, most of the time you are getting screwed. When you rent a car, "the best price" is what the salesman sets the price to be, I would know because I work as a sales rep. If you do not have a reservation for a car, i could charge you $80 per day for a Pontiac G6 or avenger if you take it ofcourse, on the other hand the coverage "insurance" is a seriously beneficial deal...Oh yeah and the best thing we have is a camry,mustang, and thats about it....rental cars suck, everytime I drive one I am so happy to get into mine at the end of my shift :):)

The last two times I had a rental, I got a Dodge Stratus and a Pontiac Vibe. Amazing that anyone can sell these things new, used, or with a free dancing girl in the trunk. Absolute POS-ville. My folks usually rent a car from Enterprise when they come to visit. Mom swore (loudly and often) when Big E gave her a 2-door Ford Focus for a "mid-size" sedan. :lol: She was expecting something like a Taurus when she ordered the mid-size sedan. Turns out that they have about 16 size classifications, so "mid-size" looks cheap when you check the price... until you find out that "mid-size" means a lawn mower with doors. :rolleyes:. Once we realized we needed to reserve something in the "Land-Yacht" category to get a real sedan that could seat 5 (without resorting to bungee cords and a roof rack), we were OK.

I just checked the EPA website. The Legacy is considered a compact car. Weird! It missed the mid-sized criteria by five cubic feet of space. It has 104 cubic feet.

Sedans

Minicompact < 85

Subcompact 85 - 99

Compact 100 - 109

Mid-Size 110 - 119

Large 120 or more

It also missed the Subcompact by 5 cubic feet. It sits smack dab in the middle of compact. Point is, it is not really a roomy car for how large the exterior is.

To the OP, if the rental car is provided through insurance, find out from your insurance what type of car you should get. Most likely, your policy states not what type of car you get, but how much "allowance" you have each day for the car.

hmm, I kept getting a ford F150 or Altima when I got a rental......they tried to put me in somthing small but I just stand next to them and say " do you really think I can fit in that ?" it works every time.....:lol:

haha, good responses.. well It seems like i have to wait for my car to be finished from the shop...Just cant drive these other cars.

I was really surprised how low the legacy sits. Other cars are all high up in the air while the legacy seats are very low.

Almost all the people that get in my car says that. Makes you feel like you are in control of the car.

They tried to stick me with a PT Cruiser when my car was wrecked. I said nevermind and took care of my own travel arrangements. I just added that to the settlement amount.

It may be the same size car but it certainly isn't the same class of vehicle.

lol get an outback.... ive never seen a rental company offer a subaru.

to the OP, i work at a porsche dealer w/ an associated avis. if i had to rent a car and needed something similar to the LGT i would rent a Hyundai Sonata. its really not a bad car. its got descent power, its comfortable.

just my .02$

Most companies have the same american made cars, forbes released their list of 20 unsafe cars, let me tell you what made it out of our line up, YARIS, FOCUS,G5,Cobalt,PTCruiser,Rendezvous,Escape,Ranger, and several others, the cars are shit and compare nothing to an LGT.

get an Outback...

Wouldnt mind switching over to a outback...but i like the sedan so far.

Well Pt cruiser is still doing good for me. But PT cruiser made the list for unsafe? I gotta be careful while on the road then~

Elantra felt more stronger compared to the pt cruiser. And of course, I love the power from my NA leagcy.

lol get an outback.... ive never seen a rental company offer a subaru.

to the OP, i work at a porsche dealer w/ an associated avis. if i had to rent a car and needed something similar to the LGT i would rent a Hyundai Sonata. its really not a bad car. its got descent power, its comfortable.

just my .02$

+1 on the Sonata, an especially decent car..

LOL my favorite is still the charger.. its a boat, but i took it up my favorite mountain, passed about 10 cars.. now the way down, no way.. thing has sorry brakes..

On a recent business trip to LA I got to the Avis counter and almost peed myself when I got the keys to a 07 Outback. I was so stoked to have dodged a G6 or a Malibu or whatever GM crapmobiles they had... yeah, I even took pictures of it. Now I find myself staring at OBs everywhere.

Another plus, the NA 2.5 engine is stronger than I thought it was.

Archived