LegacyGT.com

What's everyone keeping in the hidden foam trunk tray ?

I have parachute cord (strong stuff!), first aid, tools (vice grips, wrenches, sockets, drivers), fuses, poncho, knife, automotive work gloves, zip ties, small bungee cords, twist ties, several sheets of shop paper towels and I know I'm forgetting a few things in there.

VERY handy storage tray IMHO. I used to have a milk crate in my 98GT to keep stuff corraled in the trunk....this is MUCH better.

EDIT: tire pressure gauge, tread depth indicator. Don't have room for jumper cables...so they free float in trunk, where I have a couple of fleece blankets, an umbrella and a spare sweatshirt.

No duct tape?? :)

I've got a wagon, so I've got tons of room for a towstrap, jumper cables, folding shovel, nifty Gerber composite hatchet, Ice walking thingies for my shoes, shop towels, light.. sometimes my carry gun gets stashed in there if I'm not in carry legal areas.

I should add a couple of things in there to round out the prepardness kit...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
towstrap

i knew i forgot something, couldnt think of what was in the middle cut out. i've had to use this on more occasions than i can remember, heck it even pulled my motor out....twice :lol::eek:

the look on peoples faces when they see my lil car pull someone else out of the ditch....priceless

1. My AP and cable when not in use

2. A bottle of NOS Racing octane booster(for roadtrips when you can only find 91 octane)

3. Large Clublike Maglite

4. Cig Lighter Air Pump

5. Quart of Oil

6. My damn kids if they don't SHUT THE F#$K UP when I'm trying to navigate rush hour traffic in a unfamilliar megalopolis after driving for 14 hours on a vacation roadtrip!

Just kidding, I would never put a quart of oil on it's side in my trunk.:lol:

Let's kick this pig!

I used to keep all my car cleaning stuff in there, now I got those little subaru storage nets that are really just hanging bags to put them in. The foam thing is in my garage because there is no longer room in my spare hole. I got rims and used a stock rim and tire as a full size spare, fits perfectly but no more foam tray. I cut a hole in the foam peice that holds the jack and now my key lock fits in there like it was meant to be like that from the factory.

A liter bottle of water, 4 Powerbars, a roll of Shop towels (smooshed), and a few other things like shoulder straps for my laptop and tool bag, a left glove, and a kinetic flashlight.

Great thread, by the way. :D

I keep about 8 or 9 hundred in cash, plus my wife's more expensive rings and such along with my Rolex. I usually leave the car parked at 125 West 22nd street in Manhattan a few days a week. She's gray and insured.

Thanks for asking.

Capt RB

I keep my jumper cables wrapped around the outside of my spare. In between the foam thing and the wheel well, I keep a trenching tool (collapsable shovel).

In the foam thing itself, I keep a reflective vest (in case I have to change a tire on the highway), a reflective triangle, flares, tow rope, gloves, oil, big hefty bag for a bad tire, some bungee cords, maglite and extra batteries, rain poncho, a small multi-tool, and that's about all.

Archived