LegacyGT.com

GUESTS, come and sign up!

• 3 weeks later...
Been lurking since Feb, when I gave up on my 04 Audi S4, and decided to order an 05 GT Ltd wagon. Why the switch? Been driving nothing but VW/Audi for 27 years, so it wasn't easy. S4 was an awesome car, but what killed it for me was bad gas mileage, combined with small gas tank. I was looking for a performance wagon, with manual tran, AWD, and good gas mileage. The GT Legacy was the only thing that fit the bill (and cost 40% less than the S4). Hope to get my AB GT by mid-June. In the meantime, local Sub dealer (Marino's) was kind enough to rent me an 01 Legacy wagon. Doing a 1 hour test drive on Sat June 11th during their special 3 day event here in Toronto.

me too! I'm a bit worried...the 04 S4 was the 1st model year for the B6 platform. Nonetheless, I went ahead and pre-ordered it when I saw it at the autoshow. You'd think I'd learn from this, but NO, what do I do, I go ahead and pre-order the 05 GT, also in it's first model year, and one of the first ones to be built on top of that. Sucker for punishment, or what? :oops:

I've read that replacing the Turbos (stock) on the old model S4 was a ~$6,000 proposition :o It's not that I don't like the car a lot but that has to be a consideration when the miles start to add up.

First post - hello! I will be selling my 1997 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. I considered the new A4. Nice car, but waaay underpowered for the $$ and too expensive to maintain. Came close to buying a 2004 WRX last year until the Forester XT came out. Came close to buying the XT until I heard about the 2005 Legacy GT. I went to look at the Legacy last night (Subaru of Wakefield) in Wakefield, MA. They only had two GT Limited automatics. I'm looking for the 5-speed GT (most bang for $$). They did a regional search and there was not a single non-Limited GT to be found. Since I don't NEED a car right away, I may wait until the first round of incentives hit (may not be until late in the year or next year), but my heart was pounding when I saw the fully loaded GT Limited. I will be lurking around in here to get a feel for the model. Anyone want to buy a used Audi?

• 2 weeks later...
Newb here. Me and the girl are looking for a new car, she says the WRX/STI are too "boyish" looking, so something a bit more subtle but still powerful like the Legacy GT should fit the bill. When do these bad boys get on the lots, we've been passing by several times a week to see if they show up, so far only the wagons are there.

[quote name='Gumby']Where are you located Subaru REVolution? Even West Coast dealers are starting to see GT's. Welcome.[/quote] Way down south TX. Where do I ask my dumb questions? Here or ? So there's...... 1. NA V6 Legacy 2. 2.5GT Turbo Legacy 3. 2.5GT Limited Turbo Legacy 4. STI Legacy, or is this one just in Japan? More stupid questions to come, heh'.

Another TX resident! You're #3! You get a prize! There is no V6 Legacy, but there is a H6 Outback. Legacy Lineup: 2.5i, 2.5i Limited Sedan/Wagon- NA 2.5 H4 2.5GT, 2.5GT Limited Sedan/Wagon- Turbo 2.5 H4 No STi Legacy. Not even in Japan (except the prototype or whatever it is).

Archived