LegacyGT.com

CGM for '06?

LOL. In LA, whenever you look for an old (i.e., mid to late '90s) Impreza or Legacy, they all seem to be that dark metallic green. For a brief spell this year I owned a '95 Impreza LX in "Hunter Green." I would not be disappointed if they permanently retired that color. CGM, on the other hand, would look sweet. I'm totally guessing, but I would think that color will be available in '06 in lieu of any major changes (other than navi, maybe). If CGM was available this year, I probably would have gotten that. Opie - Have you installed the struts yet?

Doesn't Subaru already offer a dark green on the Legacy? I think they should add Garnet Red Pearl to the 2.5i, and for the GT: Crystal Grey Metallic (saw it on an STi the other day, and that color so so much more dramatic and rare than silver which is good but getting way overused) and, although I have yet to see it in person, but if it looks as good as it does in the Impreza brocure, PLEASE BRING US SAN REMO RED!!!! (in the brocure it is almost mirror reflective, and about as purely red as possible. Would look awesome on a Legacy GT Limited with black leather.)

I think the CGM would look really good on the sedan, I'm not sure about the wagon. While, I'm sold on the SWP, I've seen some 50th anniversary yellow (more butter than blaze) color that catches my eye too, but that will probably remain in the JDM. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

not sure if u guys have it up there. but theres a new aqua blue metallic here in aus which is pretty nice. i've seen it a few wrxs. [url="http://subaru.com.au/explore/impreza/images/exterior/23444/7W.jpg"]http://subaru.com.au/explore/impreza/images/exterior/23444/7W.jpg[/url] its like a silver with a blue tinge in it. wouldn't mind my liberty in that colour.

Isn't there a commemorative edition STi in the UK, (named after a rally driver, I think) that is a cooperation with Prodrive that is available without the blue alcantara, and in that ice blue (aqua, whatever) silver color? Crystal Grey is such a nice color because it is somehow warm. Usually white, silver, grey, black, and blue are cold. There must be just enough yellow in CGM it to give it an extremely slight brassy/bronze tint to the grey. The opposite is true of the pictures i've seen of San Remo Red, and my mazda's Classic Red. it is actually more blue (purple) than yellow (orange) creating a cooler, deeper red, rather than a more "tomato" orange-red. There is just someting about Bright Red, especially in a non-metallic paint, it just looks like the object is made out of the color, rather than looking like something that has been made out of a material, then painted. Our 99 Miata looks AWESOME when clean, and it just looks like it was molded out of liquid red. not steel or plastic. Just RED. That also may have something to do with the compound curves and organic lines of the design.

Archived