LegacyGT.com

Subaru black dashboard is a joke!

Give our Nu Look a try. I promise you won't be disappointed...unless you like that super high gloss greasy stuff. ;)

I'll second that one. I need to get a picture of that on a dash to show you the difference. It is a huge difference between armor-all and the good stuff.

And FWIW... with all the pieces of the Legacy that really ARE crap, I have to say that I never had a problem with the dash. Granted, I never used ANYTHING other than microfiber on it, but this is also the first time I've heard of anyone complaining that the dash gets scratched too easily. I'm not going to say that it isn't crap, but I'm leaning toward user error here.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

You need to remember its just a Subaru...

If I had a different car to drive every day of the week and the $30,000 Subaru Legacy GT was the cheapest and lowest class car in my stable then I might share that sentiment, but that isn't the case for most of us. It may be just a Subaru, but it is also one of the largest purchases that most people will make outside of their house or their education. So just because you don't care about your car doesn't make the rest of us crazy for caring about ours.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

If I had a different car to drive every day of the week and the $30,000 Subaru Legacy GT was the cheapest and lowest class car in my stable then I might share that sentiment, but that isn't the case for most of us. It may be just a Subaru, but it is also one of the largest purchases that most people will make outside of their house or their education. So just because you don't care about your car doesn't make the rest of us crazy for caring about ours.

Naaa it's more that I'm 54 y/o and its not that important anymore. Used to do all that stuff. Last time I washed it was early Oct. chances are it won't get washed again until late March. The car is driven everyday and goes to VT every winter weekend.

I do wipe down the windshield on the inside every few weeks.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I dont know what the op is talking about really? :confused:

I actually use mothers rich leather wipes on my dash. It makes it kind of shiny for the first day but after that it settles down to a nice clean low gloss finish.

I use it on the seats and door panels too.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived