LegacyGT.com

Here's what I like, what will I like?

seoul_sista

SIRIUS or XM  

18 members have voted

1. 1. SIRIUS or XM

I'm waiting for a Sirius kit to come in from the dealer, but I was wondering what everyone thought is better Sirius or XM (I know they'll be merging, but they aren't right now, so...)

I listen to east coast hip hop and some southern rap (Lil' Wayne, Rich Boy, etc.).

My rock taste is a bit more complicated:

I like metal/hardcore/metalcore/mathcore...think SOIA, Lamb of God, Dillinger, Converge, Killswitch, Biohazard...basically I need a great breakdown and something to two step to and get my windmill on! NO emo/screamo (though I secretly listen to Brand New).

Which do y'all think I'd be happiest with?

They arent definitely merging, they have to be approved to do so, and a merger may be an anti-trust violation.

I like Sirius better, mostly because howard is on it. That being said, they seem to offer a more eclectic music selection than XM

I agree, I had XM for a while until someone broke into my car and took my XM tuner lol. I then had Sirius in my Mazda and first Legacy and loved it. I have odd music taste as well, or rather sometimes im in the mood for odd music and it always seemed to have what i wanted to listen to.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Vote for sirius though I never have listened to XM.

They have about 8 channels devoted to all types of metal/alt. My favorite channel being Faction. If you look up each service and see their channel list, you should be able to research those channels and see some sort of playlist.

Though with sirius my trip to work is listening to howard and my trip home is listening to bubba the love sponge. Thats about 90% of my sirius listening.

Sirius. Programming is definitely better.

More of a variety of good songs and not so much obscure songs which was my experience on XM. I know Rao has test driven both and preferred Sirius. I have had both and completely agree with him.

As far as your rock taste goes, you'd probably love Octane (Sirius 20).

Go Cardinals!

I love my Sirius. Wish I could afford the tuner, so I will have to stick with the portable unit. Sirius has good stuff, but I haven't experienced XM to say contrary about XM. It is what I use and I am happy. Considering your tastes, sirus does offer several channels that you will find to your liking. Who knows, you may broaden your tastes.

As I've posted to other threads on this topic, the merger won't happen so don't hold your breath.

Archived