LegacyGT.com

pic request - perrin rsb stout mounts installed

badfish11

I'm thinking about getting perrin 25mm front and rear bars. I have seen pics of the AVO reinforcement brackets installed and they look pretty solid.

Does anyone have a pic of the perring rsb installed with the perrin stout mounts? I'm wondering if they look as secure as AVOs.

I thought I had a hosted pix but apparently not.

I've got the Harman Motive Tail Out kit, which has both F&R Perrin sways, stout mounts and F&R Kartboy endlinks. Big time improvement!

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I organised a group buy of AVO reinforcement brackets a few months ago for some locals here (Sydney Australia), after snapping my OEM bracket.

Seven cars were fiited at my house with the AVOs which went on with no dramas at all. The higher milage cars had lots of flex in the OEM brackets before fitting whereas the lower milage cars, not so bad.

I can't see how the Perrins could match the strength of the AVOs purely because of the AVOs design, but I do think the Perrins look prettier.

The rear mufflers completely hide the brackets anyway, so it's only you and your mechanic that will see them.

I would go the AVO if you want strength.

Tim

pics:

http://perrinperformance.com/shared/images/products/318/442_large.jpg

http://perrinperformance.com/shared/images/products/318/443_large.jpg

http://perrinperformance.com/shared/images/products/318/444_large.jpg

Stout Mounts

Every rear Legacy Swaybar comes with the added benefits of our Stout-Mount™ system. This is another factory flaw. The factory sway bar mount is a thin steel bracket protruding from the chassis. With upgraded swaybars, the bracket can fatigue and fail over time. The Stout Mounts make a solid connection between the chassis the lower swaybar mount. This prevents any flexing or fatiguing of the bracket with upgraded swaybars. A two stage silver powder coat is applied for years of beauty and performance. These mounts are overbuilt to handle the added stiffness of upgraded swaybars.

Azca,

How long have you had the Perrin end links?, How many miles have you done on them since install?

I have the Whitelines on my car and so far had them replaced (at about 5,000 miles) due to the rattle as they wear. The new set are now rattling and I am about to go back to the OEM links.

I have looked at the Perrins, but I wanted to find out what they are like to live with.

Thanks

Tim

I'm thinking about getting perrin 25mm front and rear bars. I have seen pics of the AVO reinforcement brackets installed and they look pretty solid.

Does anyone have a pic of the perring rsb installed with the perrin stout mounts? I'm wondering if they look as secure as AVOs.

Any reason for the 25mm over the 22mm's? I've got the 22's, and for a daily driver, they are nice. Much reduced body roll, without much NVH. If your heavy into autocross, the 25mm would be a better choice.

The Perrin mount essentially triangulates the rear mount making it stiffer. I have not had mine on for long, but have had no problems.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

• 11 months later...
I've had these Stout Mounts laying around for a while and I'm finally getting around to installing them. I don't have any instructions. I'm just wondering if there is anything odd about putting these on or is it as straight forward as it looks.

Archived