LegacyGT.com

F1 will NOT return to Indy in 2008

f1anatic

The only thing that slows the F1 cars is the downforce generated by the wing, which allows them to corner at higher speeds than Chumpcars (thus the faster lap times).

Reduce the angle of the wing and the speeds will increase, as demonstrated by Honda when they hit 246 mph at Bonneville.

Hope that's real rum and not some tart's drink like Bacardi :lol:

well since you brought it up take the semi-automatic trans out and make those so called elite drivers shift like in a real car then take out the TC so you have to drive w/o help and while your at it up the weight to CC specs then call me. since you seem to be an expert on everything what rum should i be drinking? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pussers FTW !

thank you i'll try some soon. btw all i'm trying to say is every major racing venue has rules they have to follow which limits performance or tailors a car to certain conditions it doesn't make one better than another only different i happen to like all forms of motor racing. peace. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

thank you i'll try some soon. btw all i'm trying to say is every major racing venue has rules they have to follow which limits performance or tailors a car to certain conditions it doesn't make one better than another only different i happen to like all forms of motor racing. peace. bosco

I know, I was just trying to do a "Vimy" on you ;)

F1 should eliminate all underbody downforce and reduce front and rear wings to single plane elements with a very small box section. Make the cars wide again and lets get slicks back and widen front and rear tires. Then go back to 3.5 liter atmospheric engines.

1000 hp, 1300 lbs with driver, no traction control, no removable ballast, and a car with more hp than downforce! Whooooot!

Or maybe F1 should be a SuperKart class with 200 whp, rear drive karts with no downforce or rollcages. I'd pay good money to see that!

F1 cars are faster around road course over Champ Cars for one big reason, CARBON BRAKES.

If you want to make F1 more interesting change the rules so anything goes BUT use a spec'd low traction tire. Acceleration, cornering, and braking are all determined by the tire. Change the tire to say the compound on the RE-92, you effectively neutralized all the competition. Then leave it up the the driver and engineer to find any tiny little advantage they can with the low grip tires.

I don't think the F1 cars could handle the corkscrew as it is.

Here's cockpit video from the demonstration run in 2004 of a Toyota F1 car at Laguna.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_bWOdY6mbU]YouTube - Toyota F1 at Laguna Seca[/ame]

1:40 s into the video Ricardo Zonta goes through the cork screw without issue.

Toyota ended up breaking the track record set by a Champ car. Could have gone faster but asphalt was breaking up and the track was to bumpy to go flat out.

Here's cockpit video from the demonstration run in 2004 of a Toyota F1 car at Laguna.

1:40 s into the video Ricardo Zonta goes through the cork screw without issue.

Toyota ended up breaking the track record set by a Champ car. Could have gone faster but asphalt was breaking up and the track was to bumpy to go flat out.

OK, so they can do it, but with a lap time of 1:06, it's way too short a track for F1.

Brakes and hp/weight ratio make the difference.

An F1 car can go 0-100 mph-0 in less than 6 seconds. Exact number escapes me - but it was a test of a Jaguar car in early 2000's by Motor Trend. V10s back then though.

Brakes and hp/weight ratio make the difference.

An F1 car can go 0-100 mph-0 in less than 6 seconds. Exact number escapes me - but it was a test of a Jaguar car in early 2000's by Motor Trend. V10s back then though.

post 34. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

F1 should eliminate all underbody downforce and reduce front and rear wings to single plane elements with a very small box section. Make the cars wide again and lets get slicks back and widen front and rear tires. Then go back to 3.5 liter atmospheric engines.

FYI - here's what they have planned for the next several years in regards to rules and regulations.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49648

My wife's balls are delicious.

Here is the new Indy Moto GP track. It has been approved by the FIA for F1 to race on!

So if F1 goes back to Indy it will most likely be on this layout.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/2007-motogp-course.jpg

Previous F1 layout

http://www.f1-gpt.com/images/races/u_s_a/circuit_lrg.jpg

CarbonFiber wheelbarrow?

:lol:...That would be sweet!

I did restored it a few months ago, and sprayed a bedliner coating in it. It's now my high tech wheelbarrow.:lol:

The primer stage.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p19fe4bfc1ffb9d26058c0b4a0365a22e/ea2238ba.jpg

The tough bedliner stage....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p3138669102173fb2718851df07ae021e/ea223788.jpg

Better than new!

^ Now you just a need a racing slick for wheelbarrow. The kart track I raced at "modded" their wheel barrow with a slick just this way. Get with the 21st century, dude.

Nope, I have knobbies on. It's my rallybarrow.

Archived