LegacyGT.com

Ugly 2007 B9 changed for 2008?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw a new Tribeca today. They really did a nice job. Saw a new Highlander for the first time today, also nice.

I went to a Tribeca release event at my dealer two weeks ago and saw it. It looks really nice. I think it will sell well.

I went partially for the free food, but mostly just because I wanted to see it in person. It's definitely something I would buy if I were in the market for an SUV.

Now if they come out with an STI version... :wub:

A little birdie told me that they are discontinuing the wagon-like version of the tribeca and instead re-releasing it as a sedan/baja hybrid for 09... so no STi for you! :lol:

Okay, deconstructing what you said: If they're discontinuing the wagon-like version, that would imply they're currently making both a wagon-like version and a non-wagon-like version. I suppose that could be interpreted as 7-passenger and 5-passenger, but they both strike me as wagon-like. So, are you saying they're dropping the 7-passenger version?

As for re-releasing it as a sedan/baja hybrid for '09, well, the '10 Legacy will be based on the Tribeca chassis, and it will be released in late '09, so that could qualify.

Regarding the Baja, it would make much more sense to base if off the Tribeca chassis, and since the Legacy will then be Tribeca-based, this could work. It would probably make more sense to make it look more like the Tribeca than the Legacy, in the style of Honda's Ridgeline. That might actually work!

But about the hybrid, didn't they decide to go diesel first?

Archived