LegacyGT.com

Plum Crazy, it's back!

I think it looks cool but I wouldn't be seen dead in that thing. Bad thing is I will probably end up having to road test one sooner or later, can you say "paper bag" over my head!!!

Dont forget to make holes for your eyes! :lol:

Maybe. I am not sure of the Liime Green or the giant Banana.

Car company guys were creative back in the early 70's, maybe it was the mind-altering drugs?

Now, they just copy stuff from before and recycle it; Ford Mustangs, Dodge Challengers, ect. Today's "designers" should be ashamed to collect their paychecks.

from http://fourwheeldrift.wordpress.com/2006/09/30/color-me-crazy-%E2%80%93-the-best-and-worst-paint-color-names/ below:

The year was 1969. Somewhere, somehow in planning for the 1970 model year cars, the automotive industry got a sense of humor. This resulted in the best car paint color names of all time.

Chrysler Corp was first out of the gate with its High Impact colors for models such as the Charger, Challenger, ’Cuda, and Road Runner. Ford was right behind with its list of optional paint for such masterpieces as the then all-new Maverick. Although the actual paint shades were nothing too remarkable, the names might have been the most creative things ever to come out of Michigan.

For instance, 1970 Dodge High Impact Colors included:

Sublime

Green Go

Go Mango

Banana

Panther Pink

Plum Crazy

Hemi Orange

Plymouth got mostly the same colors with different names:

Limelight

Sassy Grass Green

Vitamin “C”

Lemon Twist

Moulin Rouge

In Violet

Tor Red

As cute as Mopar’s High Impact Colors were, Ford one-upped them on names for its 1970 poly-paint colors:

Original Cinnamon

Bring ‘Em Back Olive

Three Putt Green

Anti-Establish Mint

Last Stand Custard

There She Blue

Young Turquoise

Hulla Blue

Good Clean Fawn

Counter Revolutionary Red

Knight White

Freudian Gilt

History Onyx

Paint Names You’ll Never See:

With these great paint names in mind, the staff here at The Four Wheel Drift has dreamed-up the worst paint names that could ever be printed in a brochure or on a window sticker…

Yellow Snow

Blue Balls

Gang Green

Golden Showers

Gray Matter

Salmon Nilla

P.U. Ter

Packer Fudge

Tan Line

In the Buff

Beef Tungsten

Once You Go Black

Popper Cherry Red

Purple Nurpel

Lapis Dance

Pierced Naval Orange

High Whore Silver

Augusta National Country Club Membership White

Stinky Pinky

Almost Celibate Cardinal

Camel Topaz Two Tone

Augmented Chestnut

Copper Feel

What a Maroon

Sapphire Crotch

Red Tide

F-Uchsia

I Cannot Tell A Lilac

Sue ‘Em Vermillion

A Postscript – The Paint Color Nickname Hall of Fame:

From the files of “things we wished we thought of,” in 1970 the Chrysler Corp-supported Plymouth Superbird of Charlie Glotzbach started running NASCAR’s Gran National circuit painted in the factory color Plum Crazy. A creative journalist, however, gave the color a nickname that stuck with the media for years: “Statutory Grape.”

What are the chances that in its all-things-retro craze, DaimlerChrysler offers the new Hemi Challenger due out next year in this shade?

Archived