LegacyGT.com

For those who did the 05-07 JDM Spec.B conversion...need help

zennoodle

I know some people did the conversion on here but I forgot who. I had a mishap that took a nibble out of my front bumper. I was planning on doing the conversion anyway. In any case, I went to japanparts.com but am confused what to order to do the entire conversion. I have a DGM Legacy GT but don't know which color code it is either. Any help is appreciated, along with links or parts numbers. Also, how hard is the conversion? I'm ready to do the conversion and get the STI lip on. :)

If you go here:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57598

he did a walkthrough for the JDM Spec. B conversion

If you PM japanparts on this site, he should be able to tell you which parts. Go to this link:

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=6&middlesmall=2%3A11&maker=5&volkey=

and look for 107-024-S

you can also go to avoturboworld.com they have a set as well

You will have to repaint the parts to the DGM color as they do not have this color in Japan. They have a different shade that they use.

You will have to repaint the parts to the DGM color as they do not have this color in Japan. They have a different shade that they use.

Thanks for the tip...I wanted to minimize shop time so I guess its a new usdm bumper for me along with a RBS lip. :)

japan parts has a conversion set for sale. everything you need from underliner, bumber beam, bumper, etc for about $900 pluss shipping so my guess is about $1200 in the end.

Do you have a link for the whole thing? I'll go back on there and look...that's really not a bad price but as I remember diamond grey metallic doesn't exist in Japan so I have to get it painted...hrm...

Since my original USDM bumper got knicked by road debris, I'm considering the following:

* Another USDM bumper with RBS lip, call it a day

* JDM spec.b w/ STI lip (and all other costs associated with it)

Big thing I worry about is if someone nails me in traffic, it'll take 2 months to get another JDM bumper in, etc etc. From an economic standpoint, the USDM bumper is the best choice but the JDM spec.b bumper keeps popping up in my head. :lol:

Keep your current bumper in your garage as insurance, and go JDM.

Then, if you get nailed in traffic, you have something to put on if/when youre waiting for another bumper in shipment.

Wish I had the money hah!

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

In japan the only difference is the bumper cover instelf, the beam, upper/lower foam, underlying are all the same so if someone in japan wants to switch from a GT to a spec b bumper, they just need to switch bumper covers and get new fog light brackets.

Archived