LegacyGT.com

cats vs catless

slowlane

Nah, youre talking about the UP gut procedure. The DP is a quick gut. The UP only needs to be brushed because the debris goes into the turbo if you slacked off on the gutting. The DP most likely won't break apart, and even if it does, isn't as big of a deal as blowing your turbo.
Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does one gut the midpipe?

Sounds like a good idea (no pun intended)

I bought it gutted but did the shorty myself. The best tool is ramming a crow bar as the 2 cats in the dp are ceramic and just break apart. The up pipe has a metal cat and is a bitch to remove compared to the dp. Followed the instuctions on a nasioc thread.

Jim

dang I dunno how u did it, but that sounds risky lol I would take a very long drill bit of some sort or even the screwdriver to break it up. But after its all done, taking a circular wire brush bit to smooth out the inside so no debree enventually falls off. But why hurt something that is so damn expensive. Like $500 for a cat...

yup, that's the UP, not the DP or MP. UP is definitely a PITA. i took a wire brush and polished the inside after i was finished. that was some nasty crap....

the DP and MP were easy. by the time i got across town, my hubby and our tech already had them gutted, the pipes bolted back on and coming back from their test drive. :(

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Thats arguable. Most users will say No. The reality is that most aftermarket parts function/flow better than any of the stockers, BUT the cost/benefit of $/hp is generally not worth it for most of us (and me).

Same way as people arguing about CBE's. The $600-800 is not worth the VERY marginal gain for me, as Im still on my stock VF40.

To each his own though...

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Archived