LegacyGT.com

Who needs mufflers!!! w/ PICS!!!

cwmiller

Was going to put on some magnaflow mufflers on the OBXT, took off the stock mufflers and started it up. It ended up sounding great! very quite. so I did what any man would and make it a straight through set up. For now it works well and can't even hear it on the highway. Now when I get a DP, this might be another story and will probably put some mufflers on then. For now its straight through. I can say it is much quieter then most WRX's I have seen running around town with a large exhaust and muffler.

P7030185.JPG.be21d10a86d40770d8ad7f13c919e7ac.JPG

P7030186.JPG.6927291f05aa151e736124a11f1757ac.JPG

P7030188.JPG.c5b5e2e39ca76c0dd0ba5129b4bd8b73.JPG

P7030189.JPG.d4a517eac1b3b4cc0cbc68bd82686f14.JPG

Not surprising. When I swapped to the LGT mufflers, I naturally tried it without any muffler, & it wasn't that loud.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

actually steve ( Mccory ) has a cobb DP i think it is catted. it might not be. But he did the muffler delete. And i love it. So it does sound good with a DP. i will try to dig up the video somewhere. Just letting you know though. It does sound nice. i have heard it in person.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

I didn't say it sounds bad with a DP, it's just LOUD! Like the rest of you, I tried it out while I had my exhaust apart. I put the mufflers back on right away. This was with a catless DP, and a high flow cat does quiet things down a touch, but it isn't a major difference. Oh course, different people have different tolerance levels for noise. I honestly don't think that anyone could ever call a car with muffler deletes "quiet" though :lol:

We have many trucks in Ak here with all sorts of dual exhaust. I can say I am much quieter then many of them. I had a gibson exhaust on my FJ cruiser and this is much quieter inside then the gibson. I bet though without the factory cats it would be loud.

• 2 weeks later...

Catless would probably be louder. It isn't that loud until you open her up. Then WOW! I've been without factory cans for about a month now....

Here is a vid from when I got the first side fabbed up....

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3371442942322151040&q=Muffler+delete&total=62&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=5]05 Legacy GT Muffler delete[/ame]

Archived