LegacyGT.com

Do Not Buy A New Car Until You Read This...

If you want to buy a new car and you come up to the dealer and you do not understand how the dealer is screwing you over (it is obvious that he is), you have no chance of walking out of there with a good deal. That is why I am asking you (for your own sake) to read the following website very carefully. It will teach you all of the secrets to buying a car without getting screwed over. It will show you how dealers make money, what their goals are and what you have to do to walk out of the sitaution with a great deal. Read all 7 chapters here on this website and you will know everything a person needs to know about buying a new car. Guaranteed. This website helped me save a lot of money and it would be very silly not to take advantage of such a wonderful service and all of the hours of writing spent to enlighten car buyers. Check this out: - you will thank me for it

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car1.htm

That website will help you ALOT. I worked at an undisclosed dealership for 4 months. I stayed broke because I wouldnt touch any other of our lots. Plus, I am not a crook. Every one of my 6 customers could attest to that. Only 1 lady with 2 visiting college kids did I have to convince mechanically that the Forester was much better than the CRV in every category . They were going to look at after visiting me. After I told them to go test drive it and come back, and while my manager was frustrated for an hour about losing a customer, she came back and bought a 2004 Forester X. She then told me how all of the deficiencies with the CRV became apparent after I told her the differences. A Subaru sells itself if you let it. Hell, I wouldnt even drive anything but a Scooby while I was there because I felt unsafe in anything else. Most Scooby customers do come in prepared as compared to most dealerships. There was one guy at our affiliated Chrysler bldg. THIS GUY CLEARED OVER $100,000 A YEAR! That shows you how many chrysler customers go in prepared. I remember one deal where he personally made $3500 he screwed someone over so much. It was a used car, thats where the most money is made.

In a nutshell:

1. Go to your bank and get financed FIRST.

2. Decide which Subaru, Honda, BMW, or Toyota you want. ALL else today is shit. Unsafe, or unreliable, enviromentally unfriendly, domestic, or have low residual value (except little oddballs like mini cooper, lotus, etc.) Keep your money in your pocket- not someone elses.:hide:

3. Go to www.edmunds.com and learn all of your model figures and options. Use the TRUE MARKET VALUE as what you will probably pay. This is your targets. If you can get lower, go for it. Ther is MSRP, Invoice, and their secret holdback amount. You are not putting anyone in the poorhouse if you can get it at invoice. Manufacturers are paying them up front for their "rent" for the model year. The sooner they sell, the more cars they get, the more holdback money they put in their pocket.

4. Act like me when you go in. Know your stuff, and you are only there for a test drive. Hell, I was offered a job this way(yes, i was broke at the time). No one knew Subaru better than I did there. This was also not the first Subaru dealership to offer me a job, either. Only the regional service manager in Atlanta, GA was i humble enough to have to bow to for Subaru knowledge. Yes, you are saying what? Most dealerships are clueless about their product. The 1 Subaru mechanic we had at mine was just a Subaru certified Chrysler mechanic. :eek: Also, call your insurance company to cross reference insurance pricing.

5. Leave. No ifs, ands, or buts. Unless you traveled a good distance.

6. Dont do anything paperwork wise until you are satisfied with the deal. Work ONLY on price, not monthly, not how much you can afford a month, etc. the bank is doing that for you. This is where the crook part comes into play.

7. NEVER do anything with the financing office. This is crook #1. Never forget that. Make the trips to your bank.

8. Always remember this: EVERY DEALERSHIP OWNER IS A MILLIONAIRE FOR ******* PEOPLE LIKE YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY. Remember that when they are brown nosing you.:eek:

9. Good Luck :munch:

I love this stuff...truly. Now things here in FL are a bit different...first off not as many LGT as there are in colder places.

I ended up with the only black on black 5mt in the state at the time. Needless to say supply and demand did not help me.

Edmunds has a great long term article on buying. They has a journalist work at several dealerships over the course of a few months then tell the 'real deal'....pretty interesting....

Rehab is for quitters.

It isn't real hard. . .at least I don't think. I just ordered our 08 LGT for $100 above invoice and got a couple grand higher than kbb and edmonds on the trade in. . . I left feeling like I got a pretty good deal for a brand brand new car.

I signed for my GT for 24,000 (before taxes) in November 2004. I am yet to hear anyone getting a better deal on a 2005. I think I got a smoking deal. I visited lots of places and did my homework. Surprisingly - never did I once test drive the car before I bought it.

I special ordered my lgt ltd in dec 04 with employee discount and got all the options i wanted exactly to my spec and recieved the car with .2 MI on the ODO. Its nice to work at a dealership. Bought the car outright in cash. no finance, no lease. I even preped the car myself.

I signed for my GT for 24,000 (before taxes) in November 2004. I am yet to hear anyone getting a better deal on a 2005. I think I got a smoking deal. I visited lots of places and did my homework. Surprisingly - never did I once test drive the car before I bought it.

Which dealer in Chicago did you go to for the GT?

Wish I had read this before getting my Spec.B. I didn't do terrible, but I think I could have done a little better on the price. Prefinance is good, I also recommend that people who feel that they have been screwed by finance go to the bank after the sale to see about a refinance.

The Captain and I did this with her last car. Worked great - we got $1000 additional off by taking their financing, and then trashed the loan before 2nd payment was due. Saved us a heap - we were able to shorten the term by a year and keep the payment the same by lowering the interest rate! :cool:

Oh, we refinanced with State Farm Ins. Check with your insurance Co. on this, many do offer financing - and if you've been with them awhile, you can often get a very nice rate.

cool article. i did some of that, but ended up not needing to use any of it. i could not believe how good i was treated at the dealer especially being a 22 yr old college kid. paid 26.1 in nov 04 with floor mATS, dimming mirror, wheel locks, and upgraded alarm. they also dealer traded the car for me just to have it in the lot with no commitment to buy. i will def take the 4 hr drive to visit them for my next subie, but def not let them know about the drive :)

this was after visiting lots of honda dealerships trying to find my cousin a car. holy ******* politics!!! i went in expecting the worst when i wanted to buy the lgt.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

If you want to buy a new car and you come up to the dealer and you do not understand how the dealer is screwing you over (it is obvious that he is), you have no chance of walking out of there with a good deal. That is why I am asking you (for your own sake) to read the following website very carefully. It will teach you all of the secrets to buying a car without getting screwed over. It will show you how dealers make money, what their goals are and what you have to do to walk out of the sitaution with a great deal. Read all 7 chapters here on this website and you will know everything a person needs to know about buying a new car. Guaranteed. This website helped me save a lot of money and it would be very silly not to take advantage of such a wonderful service and all of the hours of writing spent to enlighten car buyers. Check this out: - you will thank me for it

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car1.htm

Or I will be happy to confirm prices of anything. Any questions at all about buy a new Subaru, just let me know, I'll be happy to explain anything.

That website has some good information, but it seems a little out of date.

Or I will be happy to confirm prices of anything. Any questions at all about buy a new Subaru, just let me know, I'll be happy to explain anything.

That website has some good information, but it seems a little out of date.

got a question for you. What's the average lowest cost one can expect to pay for a '07 LGT right now? TIA

Great website, I remember using that, Edmunds, as well as other sites for info. Sometimes it helps if you have a community-friendly dealer like we do in Southern California. Reza Laleh at Santa Monica Subaru has some of the best deals and will try to make it work out for you in the end.

I guess another suggestion would be to check out your Regional Boards and see which dealers are actively involved in our LGT.com community. Can't hurt to ask them first and see what you can work out over e-mail.

Everyone has to make a living.

I could have lobbed of $2k from my car if I really pushed for it, but in the end I felt it was worth what I paid and didn't really care that my sales guy could have gotten *that* much closer to paying off his credit card debt or whatever (though later I think I screwed him over because he didn't do his job regarding my ~$1k+ in accessories that he didn't order and probably had to pay back commision on) it was that he needs money for.

I can't believe some of the stories I hear about people who think they saved money and rattle off their monthly payments. The magic of finance! There's one of those mortgage commercials where people's yearly saving can be thousands of dollars (more to spend on the monthly car payments) !! It's incredible! :rolleyes:

Be smart, research your intended car, and calculate your total costs. Saving money in the short-term usually costs a lot in the long term.

I agree with you guys on the fact that when you are buying a new car - always deal with the sales person in terms of the actual price of the car. When my sales guy asked me how much money I was looking to spend monthly I told him - "That is none of your business. This is how much I am willing to pay for the car and you can either take that price or you can leave it". Because when you deal with how much do I want my monthly payment to be, the dealers have ways of making your monthly payment low but still getting a ton off money. They can sell off your loan to some bank in lord knows what country that will give low % apr but good luck trying to get in contact with a living human being when you need financial assistance. That is why you go through your own bank and get your financing straight first

got a question for you. What's the average lowest cost one can expect to pay for a '07 LGT right now? TIA

Well supplies in the North East is low, however for New England. (5MT GT) MSRP is $28,930, invoice is $27,398 and memo (after hold back is taken out) is $26,266. What you can buy it for is a different story. Those numbers are before the rebate. This would be for one without any added stuff, like autodim, sts, stuff like that.

We have a 2 left in stock

I agree with you guys on the fact that when you are buying a new car - always deal with the sales person in terms of the actual price of the car. When my sales guy asked me how much money I was looking to spend monthly I told him - "That is none of your business. This is how much I am willing to pay for the car and you can either take that price or you can leave it". Because when you deal with how much do I want my monthly payment to be, the dealers have ways of making your monthly payment low but still getting a ton off money. They can sell off your loan to some bank in lord knows what country that will give low % apr but good luck trying to get in contact with a living human being when you need financial assistance. That is why you go through your own bank and get your financing straight first

At least I can speak for myself, we sell over 1000 cars a year, well over half are financed here at the dealership. We bring a lot of business to banks, so we have a little more leverage getting a lower rate, then someone who walks into a bank every 4 to 5 years to get a car loan.

A lot of times people do not realize what the price of the car will equates to for a monthly payment. Someone might look at Legacy GT, new, MSRP for $29,XXX and they would like to be $300 a month with no money down. They would work, if they had abou $15,000 to put down.

Archived