LegacyGT.com

Hawk HPS + OEM rotors.

RaGe

I bought SS Lines w/ 2 bottles of Motul, front and rear HPS pads, and new front and rear OEM rotors all through this forum :) for a total of about $400 shipped :)

I installed my SS lines with new Motul fluid and sweet jesus the pedal is AMAZING! I'll install the rotors and pads when replacement is necessary

i went with http://www.thekingofparts.com/servlet/StoreFront ( THE KING OFPARTS )

you cant beat there prices and shipping. I got them within three days of ordering it. I wont disclose the price but rest assured they are very competative.

+1

Just email Jeremy at the KoP, he will get what you need, fast.

I am running the hawk pads on stock rotors, as well. My rotors were in good shape, so I just did the break in run, and things have been fine.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Hey... I didn't tell him to buy the rotors... he showed up with them.

Bitch at him! :lol:

And I think you're NUTS for spending even $400 on a brake job. :eek:

it would have been $200 less if i did not have to replace the rotors. The locak Oreilly's said they would try and resurface them, but they already looked too thin (about half what they should be) and if they did not come out thick enough he would be required by state law to keep them as they are deemed unsafe.

Take it easy baby, no need for this meanness. We should keep it peaceful, homeboy, Jesus!

mcrae.me/minecraft

facebook.com/mike.mcrae.me

twitter.com/mcraeme

Any one personally compare HPS with Bobcats? How about with HP+ ?

If I lived in Florida or SoCal, I'd probably run the the HP+. In cold weather they need to warm up to get effective. I wasn't comfortable with that, since there are a lot of blind curves on the road I live on and it can get pretty cold here in the winter. The HP+ are a cross over pad, autocross and hard street. they will be more agressive on the rotor, and probably dust more.

A good bud of mine, told me a story about Carbotech, and how they have acted as a company in the past. He used to be big on autocross, so I trust his sources. I decided Carbotech really didn't need my business after talking to him. I'm sure if you look over on nasioc, you could dig something up about all this. It was a couple years ago though.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

HPS FTW!

Only put the fronts on, did not turn the rotors because they looked perfect after 30k miles on the original pads. Maybe I should have turned them? Will fo the rears, they are a bit grooved. Might pimp out the calipers as well with some RED G2 paint!

Any one personally compare HPS with Bobcats? How about with HP+ ?

Bobcats are noisy as all hell. When you pull up to a 79 Plymouth Duster at a light and he looks at your car like it's a piece of shit, that speaks volumes. Or when people duck when you approach a red light because "Incoming" pops into their minds, that should tell you something. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

wait till you get the hps "groan"

they groan when they're cold and more-so when humid.

the noise does go away when slightly warmed

Never had the groan you say. I have had the HPS pads for over a year. No noise no groan. Just Eye ball popping stopping.

I've been doing a lot of research and the Hawk HPS pads sound like a better deal than the bobcats.

I'm going to get some front / rear pads for my 30,000 mile check up and have the Subaru techs install them. I'll see then if I need to get the SS lines.

i have the hawk hps on my miata. i preferred the older pads i had: cobalt gt sports. better initial bite, better grab in general, but slightly dustier

hps is a good street pad but wouldnt take it on a track unless you enjoy half sessions.

car for sale. PM me!

I just rec'd my shipment of Hawk HPS pads for the front, I am wondering whether my rotors need refinishing. I am on about 23K miles on the original pads and rotors.....The rear pads are still good to go for another 10-15K milies or so....

I'm at around 46K miles with my original pads and rotors still installed... still looking brand new, no lip/grooves on the rotors, front brake pads have about 50% left.. rear brake pads have about 25-30% left.. :)

Archived