LegacyGT.com

Hawk HPS + OEM rotors.

RaGe

Well yesterday me and steve ( mccory ) got together and put these on. i replaced the stock rotors with new replacement OEM rotors, and put on the HAWK HPS pads. sweet jesus!!!!!!! I sat in the passenger seat while steve did the initial setting them in period. These things will stop you on a DIME!!! It felt like a wicked rollercoaster ride pulling 3 G's. Just wanted to give a little write-up on these in case anyone wasnt sure about them. This is really the first time i have did brakes. So steve showed me how to do them. Really it wasnt as hard as i thought that it was going to be. So a big thanks to steve for helping me out with the parts that i put on. But like i said, just wanted to give a little testimony on this setup. Nice combo. They bedded in really nice. everything is even. But the hawks and oem rotors are a nice combo. very nice.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

I just did this a couple days ago "OEM Rotors + HPS"

+1 very nice :)

I did the above as well but in addition I got the Goodridge stainless steel lines.

The first stop sent all the crap in my car sailing up to the windshield... The setup is excellent.

With the Hawk pads and SS lines are the brakes "grabby" or do they have a good progressive feel to them?

If you got out of an LGT without the ss / HPS setup and got in one with the setup you would say it seemed grabby at first... It takes some getting used to.

A good comparison for me was droppping my car off to have the work done, test driving a 2001 911 Carrera 4 and then driving my upgraded LGT. The LGT brakes actually felt similar to the 911's after the upgrade.

When you guys are referring to OEM rotors are you referring to *brand new* rotors from your stealership or another source, correct?

You are not just swapping out the stock pads leaving the rotors as is ... allowing them to shape the new Hawk pads to the rotors current profile.

When you guys are referring to OEM rotors are you referring to *brand new* rotors from your stealership or another source, correct?

You are not just swapping out the stock pads leaving the rotors as is ... allowing them to shape the new Hawk pads to the rotors current profile.

We put on brand new Subaru rotors last night... only because RaGe's rotors were badly warped. If your rotors are true and not gouged or grooved, you could easily just change pads and bed them in.

Resurfaced origninal OEM rotors here.

Resurfaced origninal OEM rotors here.

+1 I had mine resurfaced, I was about 30k miles in. They were shit from day one I had been in and out of Subaru trying to figure out what was wrong. End the end they tried to get me to pay for all new rotors. I just resurfaced them (turned) and got the HPS's and its smooth sailing. Boy what a difference I am glad I did not replace with OEM pads.

What vendor is the best place to pick them up from?

http://www.jscspeed.com/

I got mine there and I got them quick. I almost got the slotted rotors but they were back ordered for two months. But I'm glad they were, this is great as is.

Take it easy baby, no need for this meanness. We should keep it peaceful, homeboy, Jesus!

mcrae.me/minecraft

facebook.com/mike.mcrae.me

twitter.com/mcraeme

We put on brand new Subaru rotors last night... only because RaGe's rotors were badly warped. If your rotors are true and not gouged or grooved, you could easily just change pads and bed them in.

Now they were warped or just had "hot spots?"

I swore up and down mine were warped. But upon realizing that the first couple of stops I made in the mornings it was smooth as butter. I found that I should just resurface them and save myself $90 per rotor. Sure enough I was right, and glad I did as it was about $8 per rotor to resurface at the local parts store.

Take it easy baby, no need for this meanness. We should keep it peaceful, homeboy, Jesus!

mcrae.me/minecraft

twitter.com/mcraeme

Now they were warped or just had "hot spots?"

I swore up and down mine were warped. But upon realizing that the first couple of stops I made in the mornings it was smooth as butter. I found that I should just resurface them and save myself $90 per rotor. Sure enough I was right, and glad I did as it was about $8 per rotor to resurface at the local parts store.

I didn't put a dial indicator on them... but he was told that they were very warped by a Subaru tech and decided to purchase new rotors instead of having them turned.

Could you have resurfaced them? You betch'a. Would they have warped again.... maybe.

I didn't put a dial indicator on them... but he was told that they were very warped by a Subaru tech and decided to purchase new rotors instead of having them turned.

Could you have resurfaced them? You betch'a. Would they have warped again.... maybe.

Subaru also told me that mine were warped. They also wanted to charge me $800 for doing my brakes all around. This is also not the first time they have lied to me, it has happened on several occasions. Also I don't trust the people down here in the RGV. It's the way they shake your hand. It's kind of like shaking hands with a dead fish, most people do that here, and I know not to trust them.

so for $400 i did it myself.

$158 for pads

$195 for new rear rotors (shot from grinding on metal)

$16 for resurfacing

$13 for a steering wheel pully used to pull rotors.

2-3 hours working time (mostly by myself)

EDIT: one more note I could have saved about $30 total if i ordered the rotors from subaru of dallas, tx online

mcrae.me/minecraft

twitter.com/mcraeme

Subaru also told me that mine were warped. They also wanted to charge me $800 for doing my brakes all around. This is also not the first time they have lied to me, it has happened on several occasions. Also I don't trust the people down here in the RGV. It's the way they shake your hand. It's kind of like shaking hands with a dead fish, most people do that here, and I know not to trust them.

so for $400 i did it myself.

$158 for pads

$195 for new rear rotors (shot from grinding on metal)

$16 for resurfacing

$13 for a steering wheel pully used to pull rotors.

2-3 hours working time (mostly by myself)

EDIT: one more note I could have saved about $30 total if i ordered the rotors from subaru of dallas, tx online

Hey... I didn't tell him to buy the rotors... he showed up with them.

Bitch at him! :lol:

And I think you're NUTS for spending even $400 on a brake job. :eek:

Archived