LegacyGT.com

5MT Stage 2 LGT vs 400HP Auto GTO

that actually is higher than what i wouldve expected with gutted pipes and cobb maps. i got 317 chp with a stage 2+ setup with TDC maps but i have a 5EAT.

should be a great race, good luck!

I've peaked 239 on my MAF - but I run a consistent 232 throughout almost the entire rev range.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

well, I've put the APB out at work for the GTO owner. Have a lead that he is some IT guy. We'll see what comes of this. People at work at the same as here - some saying I'll win, some saying he'll win, 1 dweeb saying he'll just destroy me....
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I think the GTO will win. I used to have a 6speed 04 GTO (only 350hp). That car would spank my stage2 LGT all over the place on the top end, and it would be dead even in the 1/8. ... not exactly apples to apples though.

I have a little power to weight spreadsheet with different cars on it. I assume 78% of crank power at the wheels for the LGT, and 82% of crank power at the wheels for the GTO.

LGT ... 309hp * .78 / 3400lbs = .071 hp/lb

GTO... 400hp * .82 / 3700lbs = .088 hp/lb

Just to see how big the difference is, here's how a new Camry V6 stacks up.

Camry V6... 268hp * .82 / 3500 = .062 hp/lb

So... unless it is raining, he has the e-brake on the whole time, does a burnout with traction control switched off, or you race a very tight autocross course, he's gonna win. That is especially true when you look at the consistency of his automatic transmission.

Sorry man... but you'll at least get to hear that exhaust. :)

The GTO's biggest issue is traction, limites tire size in the rear of them is really bad:(:(

Most modded ones have drag radials but it's my understanding getting anything wider than a 11.5 inch tire is all but impossible

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

It could go either way. With a good launch vs a somewhat inexperienced GTO driver, the GT should win (up until triple digit speeds). The auto makes for more consistant runs especially with the 6.0. (factory claims 4.6 seconds to 60) From a roll it depends on the speed. The auto has a really weak spot where the car cannot downshift. Many GTO drivers have been beaten by much slower cars because they were caught in the wrong gear. Traction isn't a terrible issue with the GTO stock on a good surface but when you start adding power the fenders need to be rolled to get a larger tire.

Basically there are too many variable to have any idea. I have seen slips that range from the low 14s to the high 12s. I have a 6mt and all season tires so I would be lucky to run a high 13. On the highway the car is a beast. I easily walked away from a 335i yesterday. Once the warranty expires I will get a tune and tweaks which should bring the hp up to 450.

Archived