LegacyGT.com

Factory SpecB Struts and Springs on a LGT, whats the deal!?!?

subyroo

So I have a question..... I know the Spec B struts will bolt right up to the regular LGT but it seems that I have read that there will be sag due to the rear cross member being different in the Spec B thus apperantly the rear struts being a little shorter. Is this the case?

If I purchase fully assembled factory Spec B struts then I will need to purchase aftermarket springs to level the car out? Any help would be greatly appreciated

So you are not aware of any difference in spring/strut length between a LGT and a Spec B? I know I read somewhere someone had "sag" in the rear with the Bilsteins and Spec B springs and ended up getting after market wagon springs to fix it.

I have not heard this. Perhaps the person in question was using sedan springs on a wagon? You can't mix and match the front strut mounts/springs between spec B and "regular" LGT bits....but we're talking about the back so.....

but it seems that I have read that there will be sag due to the rear cross member being different in the Spec B thus apperantly the rear struts being a little shorter. Is this the case?

No, that is not the case.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I have not heard this. Perhaps the person in question was using sedan springs on a wagon? You can't mix and match the front strut mounts/springs between spec B and "regular" LGT bits....but we're talking about the back so.....

Well ultimately I will be installing a full set of Spec B Struts front and rear on my LGT 5EAT Sedan and don't really want to have "sag" so I was hoping I am wrong.

Should I be able to bolt these on with no issues?

So you are not aware of any difference in spring/strut length between a LGT and a Spec B? I know I read somewhere someone had "sag" in the rear with the Bilsteins and Spec B springs and ended up getting after market wagon springs to fix it.

The only difference is in the front Struts. The rear shocks use the same hardware, the same length springs, and the overall assembly is the same length.

The front SpecB struts require a specific tophat, which, when combined with non-specB springs, aka LGT springs, you will get a different assembly height.

ignore him, he'll go away.

The only difference is in the front Struts. The rear shocks use the same hardware, the same length springs, and the overall assembly is the same length.

The front SpecB struts require a specific tophat, which, when combined with non-specB springs, aka LGT springs, you will get a different assembly height.

Just to be clear, so it sounds like that its not sag in the rear more that the front is a little elevated due to JDM top hats? or does the whole thing kind of work out and sits the same as the LGT suspension?

Sorry if I am being hard headed just want to make sure I do this right, if it will be a different height in the front or rear I want to get new springs before I even install the struts.

Edit: I see where you mention "non Spec B Springs" so this may be the case that I found and they ended up using wagon PINKS to over come the difference

bilstiens will make the car sit higher if you dont use aftermarket springs or even oem jdm. they have to make up for the +1 inch of overall wheel diameter. the oem gap on spec bs is more then a lgt with a larger wheel! the spring perches are also at different spots.

once you drop the car it will appear that the rear sits lower becuase the diff fender cut will be more apparent. thats why i would use springs the drop the front more then the rear ie: provas, swifts, tein, etc...

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

So I have a question..... I know the Spec B struts will bolt right up to the regular LGT but it seems that I have read that there will be sag due to the rear cross member being different in the Spec B thus apperantly the rear struts being a little shorter. Is this the case?

please provide the reference source/documentation where you got this from, apparently none of us knew this.

I read it in the forums somewhere, I cannot find it at the moment but it was on here. I am not saying that it does have a different cross member as in the thread I found I dont think there was an answer but the question was posed.

It appears that from the answers in this thread that they are the same, I feel better about slappin these struts on my GT. Now I just need to figure out of I want to use sedan or wagon springs. I know that the JDM GT pinks are the "matched" springs but I would like to hear more from racecomp engineering about the JDM Spec B springs matched to the USDM Spec B Rev C struts.

Archived