LegacyGT.com

Making my Megan Racing TBE Louder

frathouse87

So where exactly did you put these washers? on the y-pipe before the mufflers? and does it effect anything right underneith the car? cuz thats like right around the gas tank and stuff like that. I might want to do that or try it with my stock mufflers to get a little more rumble before i get the money for an exhaust together.

That's known as the Hog-zaust mod around here. There's lots of info and some sound clips of this done to the stock system here: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35764.

can get an exhaust qtp cutout. Open that bitch up when you want to scare everyone on the road:lol:, close it when u want to be quiet.

Hah, reminds me of my old-school Honda days. Had a B18C5 Civic back in the day. Drove by a lady in my GF's neighborhood one day RIGHT when VTEC kicked in, scared the shit out of the lady and made the baby cry.

Not proud of making a baby cry, but if you've ever heard a Crower Stg2 Cammed TypeR motor hit the high lobes, you know what I'm talking about. (No flaming on my past please, I've seen the light ;), Subies are my home now)

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Hah, reminds me of my old-school Honda days. Had a B18C5 Civic back in the day. Drove by a lady in my GF's neighborhood one day RIGHT when VTEC kicked in, scared the shit out of the lady and made the baby cry.

Not proud of making a baby cry, but if you've ever heard a Crower Stg2 Cammed TypeR motor hit the high lobes, you know what I'm talking about. (No flaming on my past please, I've seen the light ;), Subies are my home now)

civics are gay!

but it is gay pride week or something so its ok i supose!

lol;)

going back to topic, I'm having the catless Bosal UP installed on saturday, I might change it back because I dont want flames under my car and I'm under the impression that the last cat removal will make it very loud...

Zac

You will under most circumstances only shoot flames if you have a venting BOV.

even at full vent, i was never made aware of my car shooting flamed :spin:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

I approve of this thread.

haha, sounds extremely mean hogmeat, great idea :p But we'll see what happens when I get the catless Up thrown on. Flames shooting UNDER my car and towards my undercarriage is worth no sound :lol:

Zac

haha, sounds extremely mean hogmeat, great idea :p But we'll see what happens when I get the catless Up thrown on. Flames shooting UNDER my car and towards my undercarriage is worth no sound :lol:

Zac

if my catless, gutted stock pipes are any indication - there will be NO difference. I was disappointed - thought it'd be louder - but zero net change from 3 cats to zero cats.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Interesting, maybe I'll keep it then, still unsure bout the whole, raw fuel leaking under my car thing haha

If you love the smell of gasoline when your filling your car up - then you'll love catless and hogzausted. I love cold morning startups in the garage...I leave the door closed for just a minute to let some of the fumes get in. After I start to feel good, then I open up and drive.

:wub: fumes

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Archived