LegacyGT.com

pay it off? or get somethin else?

Get another car if you want it. I am going to get another one after 2 years of payments. That'll be next August. I like cars too much to keep the same one. As long as you buy them used at good prices, you don't really lose money besides depreciation.

I think at the end of my two years, I may try something different though. I'm thinking of getting a used Civic or something for a daily driver for my long commute. Then I would buy a sports car my FUN car.

Then again, I might just get a Pontiac G8 with a V8! They're RWD. I think an AWD will be offered as well. They get 6 speed automatics and 6 speed manuals. If I do that, I will most definitely be loosing some of the great steering feel of my LGT.

I have a good idea. Instead of borrowing money from banks and stuff, borrow money from your parents or family, or generous friends to pay most of the car off so you would have less payments. Work towards freeing yourself from the car payments and then start paying off the loans you took from friends, family, and relatives. That would be much easier because I'm sure your own parents and relatives wouldn't charge you interest and other garbage.

I have a good idea. Instead of borrowing money from banks and stuff, borrow money from your parents or family, or generous friends to pay most of the car off so you would have less payments. Work towards freeing yourself from the car payments and then start paying off the loans you took from friends, family, and relatives. That would be much easier because I'm sure your own parents and relatives wouldn't charge you interest and other garbage.

I hope this isnt serious. They say you shouldn't lend money to friends and family unless you are okay with never seeing that money again. Also, with a large loan from a family member, the IRS requires that the lender charge interest and that interest be included as income on their tax return. If your friends/parents have all this free money just sitting around just have them give it to you.

We just bought a townhouse and man, even though our home owners covers alot of it we still have a shiz load of stuff we need. And then when you look at your payment and see 90% of it going to interest, you just get pissed. I think buying a house is really a scam that all parents and banks are in on. "You must get a house !!!!" What a crock :)

Wait until tax time. Then you'll be singing "I love mortgage interest:wub::wub::wub:".

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

So I'm starting to mod my Legacy to compensate, but now my car is bigger than hers (she traded in her 2 year old CRV), and now she's wanting to take mine on trips. Any mod that requires the back seat to be removed? :)

Porsche 911 Turbo engine and transmission swap FTMFW!:spin:

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

besides, i don't think there is another car out there that interests me.

I kinda feel the same way. When I look at it at face value I say yea, maybe the TL-S would be nice, or the G35 sport, or the 08 G35 coupe, stuff like corvettes and BMW 330i come to mind, but when you price these out and really compare specs. They're VERY expensive, some as high as $50k+ and MOST have numbers that only marginally compete with the LGT in stock form, not to mention an upgrade to a cobb stage 2 (everyone else's 1.5) could run as cheap as $400 if you REALLY only want to go with a DP.

Theres another articl;e on the forum here tho that basically says a taurus is "faster" than the LGT now... so thats also a negative factor. either way.. since I want to keep the car I already looked up the stuff I want to do.. it may be cheaper for me to buy antoher car lol, big brakes, rims, tires, stage 2 etc. etc. is not cheap!

I havent made the 1st payment on the house, although I got my first bill :p trash service.. it arrived in my mail 3 days after it was said to be due, great way to kcik things off with me guys lol, either way they said np just pay by the 25th so.. 'sall good. I wont have all my furniture moved till saturday, wont have my internet phone or TV till tuesday (stupid comcast, I came real close to canceling on them for that.. no 911 service for 3 days is still a stretch btu its better than a week like they originally said)

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

So when's the house warming party?

I need a good marathon road trip in this car. I haven't had this one to either coast yet! I can be just about anywhere in the continental U.S. in just over 18 hours. Probably less with this car.;)

Let's kick this pig!

Archived