LegacyGT.com

Bolt-On Rear Brembo Kit...Enjoi!!

SnoDork

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice. I'll be getting these brackets, too. I am thinking however about going with oversized parking brake shoes. Godspeed UK makes them for GC8, and they fit Legacy after minor modifications:

http://www.uklegacy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9472&st=0

Note, the above is for BE/BH, but rear end on them is same as on our BL/BPs.

The reason to go with shoes is to save money in the long run (standard STI rotors can be used) and save weight. The adapter rotors add 3 lbs. per side, which is not insignificant.

PM Mines...he ordered that Set of parking brakes and it didnt fit on the LGT rear assembly...

~Sucka-Duck~

PM Mines...he ordered that Set of parking brakes and it didnt fit on the LGT rear assembly...

Yeah, I know, per the uklegacy thread linked above. Requires slight modifications.

I am also researching custom relining here in the U.S. There are companies who do custom jobs for vintage cars, etc. Perhaps it won't be that expensive.

BTW, I've working on making brackets right now that will allow Brembos to bolt on to our R160 rear ends. They will be better than anything else on the market (Kartboy and Brembo). Instead of heavy mild steel (Brembo) they will be machined from a solid billet of 7075 aerospace aluminum. We will also be incorporating helicoils in the threaded bolt holes to make it more durable than the Kartboy (which just have the thread cut in to the aluminum). Pricing has yet to be determined, but it should be less than the Kartboys. Can't beat that, better product and cheaper pricing, all made in the USA.

Add in a set of DBA or Brembo rotors for the conversion and it all bolts on.

BTW, I've working on making brackets right now that will allow Brembos to bolt on to our R160 rear ends. They will be better than anything else on the market (Kartboy and Brembo). Instead of heavy mild steel (Brembo) they will be machined from a solid billet of 7075 aerospace aluminum. We will also be incorporating helicoils in the threaded bolt holes to make it more durable than the Kartboy (which just have the thread cut in to the aluminum). Pricing has yet to be determined, but it should be less than the Kartboys. Can't beat that, better product and cheaper pricing, all made in the USA.

Glad you are posting this! I was about to pull the trigger on Kartboy brackets, but I can wait a bit. When are yours going to be available?

:wub:

Hey Paul, Does my Fozzy have the R160 rear like the Leggy??

Yeah, it does.

The brake fitment is not really related to the rear diff, but the backing plate/hub. E.g. 07+ LGT SpecB has R180 diff, but same brakes as regular LGT.

Good job dooood !! Another fine product brought to you by the "world famous" Subaru whore Boostjunkie. :lol:

I have a little project of my own in the works that might be the next big thing. I will keep y'all updated. ;)

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

BTW, I've working on making brackets right now that will allow Brembos to bolt on to our R160 rear ends...

:munch:

So these brackets would be functionally identical to the Kartboy/Brembos? I.e. the 316mm rotor w/ 170mm parking brake? Interesting, I'll keep that in mind.

Ideally I'd like to have a real 38.1mm (1.5") rear caliper on the stock rotor - only 2-3% less total braking power than the STi swap, but potentially much cheaper...

Kyle "BlackHole"

You're trying to suggest that non-rotating brake lining is not better than rotating 3 lbs. chunk of steel?

No, that's why I went with two piece rotors for the front. By relining, I thought you meant a shim on the inside of the rotor, like brembo does with their kit.

I wasn't able to tell what the UK guy really did to modify the new drum pads so that they would fit. Could you?

ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived