LegacyGT.com

anyone know a good audi a4 forum *realize this may be an oxymoron*

so my friends 00 a4 is lit up like a christmas tree with dash lights and making weird sounds i'm told. he said oil pressure light went on and then on highway it wouldnt go over 65 and he had to pull over. hopefully the ecu shut everything down to avoid major engine damage.

anyways trying to see if there is similar software i could at least scan his ecu for errors with to try an decide where to take it to be fixed.

know of any good audi repair shops in northern nj preferably in union or essex county.

thanks!

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I advise running it up to 65mph and running it off the road into some light brush. Between the ditch fragging the drive line, and the bushes denting up the body work it should be a write off. Collect the insurance, buy new car, be happy.

I advise running it up to 65mph and running it off the road into some light brush. Between the ditch fragging the drive line, and the bushes denting up the body work it should be a write off. Collect the insurance, buy new car, be happy.

usually useless posts are annoying but that was awesome :lol:

he really should have gotten rid of it along time ago

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Check out audiworld.com and to find someone local with a VAG tool go here: http://www.steve-hall.com/cgi-bin/VAG-Locator.pl

Where abouts in NJ is he? And is he getting the oil changed every 5k or sooner? The original service interval was 10k then a lot of engines died due to sludge and they dropped it to 5k

thanks. he is in union county nj near summit. i have no idea when he changed the oil. when he got the car he had $$$. now pockets arent as deep which is why he didnt get rid of it already becuase he'd have to drive a car with less perks

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

usually useless posts are annoying but that was awesome :lol:

he really should have gotten rid of it along time ago

Glad I could provide some comic relief. Now tell him to buy an SRT-4, so we can have more fun at his expense.:lol:

In all seriousness if it weren't for the new found weird mechanical noises, I would try a battery reset. I have done it before on the LGT when I tripped a bunch of lights getting out of a snow bank resulting in cut power, non functioning cruise control. Maybe disconnecting the battery will wake it up in a better mood.

There was a listing for Chatham so that should be close to him...I have had good luck using that list, most of the guys are prety willing to help you figure out what is causing the codes and if they don't know you can post the findings on the vagcom forum on audiworld.

http://www.kmdtuning.com/

I believe these guys are in Summit. If not damn close. They are mainly a performance shop but they do maintenance work as well. My buddy gets work done on his S4 there and they seem to be legit. Theres also some really crazy cars there. Ferraris, Porsche turbos, uber fast Audis, etc. In short, tell him to give them a ring.

I have used KMD too but for some reason I thought they were in Westwood, probably still worth the drive though as labor rates at teh dealership are crazy and most indy shops don't have much experience with Audi.

I'm not going to get into any detail as to not get myself into trouble. If the oil pressure light was one and flashing it is probbably due to oil starvation. On tsb 2012833 it describes the repair procdure for the oil pressure light. If he has been on top of his oil changes and has documented proof of it, it will be covered under warranty regardless of mileage. He must has some form of written proof that the oil changes have been done according to Audi's specs (extremely important about that since I repeated it!!!!!).

BTW any obdII scan tool should be able to get the engine faults. As much as I hate to say it, Audiworld is the place to go for help on them.

I'm not going to get into any detail as to not get myself into trouble. If the oil pressure light was one and flashing it is probbably due to oil starvation. On tsb 2012833 it describes the repair procdure for the oil pressure light. If he has been on top of his oil changes and has documented proof of it, it will be covered under warranty regardless of mileage. He must has some form of written proof that the oil changes have been done according to Audi's specs (extremely important about that since I repeated it!!!!!).

BTW any obdII scan tool should be able to get the engine faults. As much as I hate to say it, Audiworld is the place to go for help on them.

thanks for the info. i would like to think his car is ok, but its not sounding good. i mean 8 yrs out of an audi is pretty good no?

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

For the last 2-3 years we switched to a larger oil filter to hold more oil on the 1.8's. From 4qts to 4 1/2qts. They blame some of the problems to oil being worn out. They also say that customers should change over to synthetic oil. Personally if you adhere to the 3 months or 3000 mile rule you should be fine. A lot of gunk collects in the crankcase ventilation system which when the particles start to fall off also plug the oil pick up. Again he needs to have documented proof that he has performed all maintanance on time on the car and it would be warranty.

Archived