LegacyGT.com

Finally finished my sub install!

GTLegs

I want to put a 10 or 12 in each of the little cubby holes on the sides of in the rear of the wagon. I think that would be a nice spots and not dig into storage space.

Good point, though I don't think a 12 would fit. An 8" for sure....maybe even a 10". I have an extra pair of PPI Pro-10's sitting out in the garage - they are 4.25" deep (but 25lbs each :eek: ). I might try to glass an enclosure into the right side panel for single driver and put the amp in the storage tray above the spare and under the hatch.

Here is a pic of the driver:

pr-PPI_Precision_Pro10_4_Car-Subwoofer-resized200.gif.33169669ea77b86b6d5abf6ea506e3e5.gif

[quote name='Patagonian GT']Good point, though I don't think a 12 would fit. An 8" for sure....maybe even a 10". I have an extra pair of PPI Pro-10's sitting out in the garage - they are 4.25" deep (but 25lbs each !:eek: ). I might try to glass an enclosure into the right side panel for single driver and put the amp in the storage tray above the spare and under the hatch. Here is a pic of the driver:[/QUOTE] Are there ever any heat issues with the amps under cover? I've been trying to think through how to add an amp and system to my wagon but that is one factor that I'm not sure about. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='Subietonic']Are there ever any heat issues with the amps under cover? I've been trying to think through how to add an amp and system to my wagon but that is one factor that I'm not sure about. SBT[/QUOTE] Sure, but it depends on so many factors. What kind of load are you driving (low impedance and high volume = more heat)? How efficient is the amp (wasted power = heat)? How efficient is the heatsink? Personally, the PPI amp I have has internal heatsinks and a cooling fan. I had it mounted in the cargo tray in my CRX and never had it shut off from a hi-temp condition. Admittedly, it was not as well sealed as the LGT wagon area under the floor, so it was getting some ventilation. If I go this route again in the LGT, I can wire up a squirrel fan and cut some perforations in the cover to pull cool air in.

hey, i really like it, but... YOU HAVE NO TRUNK!! dont you need the space for anything? the trunk through is totally blocked... no skies no luggage... im glad you did it tho, i will be puttin oen or two cabs in there myself one on the left and on e onf the right with one or two 10's or 12's in each with 2 1k watt amps from audiobahn and hopefully a new head unit with pop out dvd nav..... looks great bet it sounds better -alex

[quote name='Alex1']hey, i really like it, but... YOU HAVE NO TRUNK!! dont you need the space for anything? the trunk through is totally blocked... no skies no luggage... im glad you did it tho, i will be puttin oen or two cabs in there myself one on the left and on e onf the right with one or two 10's or 12's in each with 2 1k watt amps from audiobahn and hopefully a new head unit with pop out dvd nav..... looks great bet it sounds better -alex[/QUOTE] sounds like you'd have no trunk yourself, running 4 12's, even if they're small enlosures, that's still a lotta space taken up.

[quote name='Alex1']hey, i really like it, but... YOU HAVE NO TRUNK!! dont you need the space for anything? the trunk through is totally blocked... no skies no luggage... im glad you did it tho, i will be puttin oen or two cabs in there myself one on the left and on e onf the right with one or two 10's or 12's in each with 2 1k watt amps from audiobahn and hopefully a new head unit with pop out dvd nav..... looks great bet it sounds better -alex[/QUOTE]I have plenty of trunk space.... besides if i needed any more space i would drive my tahoe

hey Legs, what amp are you running? and are you running an aftermarket stereo? i'd figure the 15's would overpower the stock system VERY easily. still contemplating throwing my 15 back in the L, but i don't wanna ruin all my trunk space, and it's just so heavy.

Archived