LegacyGT.com

Radio Reception HORRIBLE!

I get terrible radio reception when using my rear defroster or when I'm charging something with the cigarette outlet or whatever you call it. Reception is pretty good otherwise if I'm not doing one of the other two things mentioned.

Any fix for this?

• 1 month later...
since i had my fm transmiter/ipod connector hard wired into my 05LGT, my radio reception has been terrible. really none of the channels come in clear anymore and some not at all. could the installation have effected the antenna voltage or amp?

• 3 weeks later...
I went to the dealership to get my oil changed this morning and mentioned my crap radio reception and he said that it has to do with the type of tint on your back window. Evidently, they had a car in with the same problem and they had to retint the window 3 times before they found a tint that didn't interfere. Unfortunately, he said that the tint that they had to use for the solution is the tint that won't last any longer than a couple of years. He recommended looking into signal boosters or an alternative style of concealed antenna. I've started looking at what is out there, but I haven't found anything that just really stands out. If any of you guys start looking and find something that you would recommend, I'd definitely be interested. Otherwise, I'll let you know what I end up trying and how it works out.

There are a lot of us with poor radio reception with no window tint at all.

I went to the dealership to get my oil changed this morning and mentioned my crap radio reception and he said that it has to do with the type of tint on your back window. Evidently, they had a car in with the same problem and they had to retint the window 3 times before they found a tint that didn't interfere. Unfortunately, he said that the tint that they had to use for the solution is the tint that won't last any longer than a couple of years. He recommended looking into signal boosters or an alternative style of concealed antenna. I've started looking at what is out there, but I haven't found anything that just really stands out. If any of you guys start looking and find something that you would recommend, I'd definitely be interested. Otherwise, I'll let you know what I end up trying and how it works out.

ya so what are our options at the dealer? have them check the voltage of the amp and antenna connections?

My reception went down the crapper immediately when i got an FM transmitter hard wired in... it sounds great, but none of the others do now...

I tried both the signal boosters and concealed antenna route, and neither worked worth a crap. In fact, the booster made what little bit of signal I had, get worse. But I have tint, so this may or may not be my problem. Without pulling it off, I'm not sure if there is any way to tell otherwise.

well crap... I was really hoping that this was going to be an easier fix. My reception was bad with the stock radio and when I put in my aftermarket radio, it was even worst! Thank goodness for pandora for now...

Archived